Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Pay dirt

Old 09-17-2016, 08:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Pay dirt

I found two rifles I've wanted for a long time and they were always a bit out of my price range. Well low and behold I got both of them this week at really good prices. The first is a Remington Mohawk 600 in 6mm and the second is a Winchester 88 in .308. I would have much preferred the 88 in .284 or .358 but the prices for them are waaay up there.
These two won't be safe queens. They will be hunted with but they will be pampered when they are out.

They will likely end up going to my grandson when I'm either too old to hunt or have gone home with the Lord.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a Remington 673 owner I cannot speak against the Mohawk. Good, underrated ancestry line of rifles---and with yours chambered in 6mm the light weight of the gun shouldn't translate into any bad kick.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I picked up a win 88 not so long ago myself in .308
there getting harder to find for REAL fair prices, seems some folks think these things are like gold
even the savage 99's are getting harder to find in good shape for a working mans price range
Old 09-17-2016, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Both good rifles. That 6mm should be a real sweet shooter.
-Jake