Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Boyds Stock Blunder >

Boyds Stock Blunder

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Boyds Stock Blunder

Old 01-29-2016, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Boyds Stock Blunder

I have a quick question for someone who has more knowledge on firearms then myself. I purchased a Savage Axis in .308 a couple of months ago for a pig hunt this spring. Overall, I like the rifle, but couldn't stand the cheap plastic stock. I do a little looking and decide on a Boyds. I look at their website, then on MidwayUSA. I find one on Midway that I really liked. In my wise wisdom I purchased a LONG ACTION as opposed to a SHORT ACTION. I got the stock in today, the stock fits beautifully, but but the only issue is the current magazine I have (short action .308 mag) is too small for the new stock and doesn't lock into place. Midway is currently out of stock on the short action stocks and Boyds is $80.00 more. So I really don't want to have to return this and get one from Boyds website. What my question is, would I be able to fit a long action (say 30-06) magazine in my .308 and run my .308 without any problems? Or would that not work? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Evan
Attached Thumbnails Boyds Stock Blunder-screen-shot-2016-01-29-7.08.31-pm.jpg   Boyds Stock Blunder-screen-shot-2016-01-29-7.08.44-pm.jpg  
Old 01-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

I can't help ya, but figured I'd say hello! Good to see you around. Someone will know the answer to this.
-Jake
Old 01-29-2016, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I can't help ya, but figured I'd say hello! Good to see you around. Someone will know the answer to this.
-Jake

Good seeing you too man, its been awhile! And yeah I hope somebody can give some good advice
Old 01-30-2016, 03:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I would try fooling with modfying the stock. I would send it back and search other surces for the correct stock, like E bay, amazon and other places.
Just stick Stock for savage axis 308 in a search engine.

This one is on e bay right now.
Custom Walnut Stock from Boyd’s Stocks- Short Action (308, 243, 7mm-08, etc)- Designed for factory detachable magazine bottom metal- Fits newer Center Feed 4.4” bolt screw spacing- For newer rifles with the Bottom Bolt Release button- Black Polymer tip and grip cap- Laser engraved hand grip designs - Includes Boyd’s screw set I bought this new from Boyds a few years ago but never really used it. The stock has a few minor blemishes near the butt pad. It’s easy to replace the factory plastic Accu-stock with this nice walnut stock. The factory Savage bottom metal for detachable magazine will fit nicely. A new one of these would be $234 + taxes and shipping from Boyds.

Al
Old 01-30-2016, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

return it and call stocky's stocks, they probably have one on hand
RR
Old 01-30-2016, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

"In a nod to practicality of production, the Axis platform is one action type and platform. There is no Axis micro or macro action, just one (.30-06 length) receiver regardless of chambering."
I got this from another site.

Last edited by mounting man; 01-30-2016 at 05:52 AM. Reason: goofed