Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Shotgun Adapters >

Shotgun Adapters

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Shotgun Adapters

Old 08-19-2015, 12:48 PM
Spike

Default Shotgun Adapters

Anyone ever use these and what do you think of them? any advice would be appreciated. http://www.shotgunadapter.com/
Old 08-19-2015, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

These, by most peoples accounts are the best.

http://www.briley.com/companiondrop-intubesets.aspx

So, I will leave it to you to make the comparison....................................

In short, I would not use them; but be my guest !

Last edited by Sheridan; 08-19-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those chamber adapters are an absolute waste of money (been there, got the T-shirt).

Think about what you're doing - you're basically converting your long barreled shotgun down to a cartridge length barrel. As soon as the wad clears the mouth of the adapter, the gasses are released around it, so you lose power.

Worse still, the wad and shot cup can wobble down the bore, such that you can get "jetting" and torching where the gases pinch through the narrow at the wall, and of course, the patterns are absolutely schitt since the cup isn't fully supported down the bore.

The Briley tubes that Sheridan linked are a completely different product - they're barrel liners, not chamber adapters. The Briley conversion tubes provide a full-length (or near full length) bore sleeve, such that you have fully supported cups, full powder burn, no blow by, and good patterns.

The chamber adapters are a waste of money, and can damage your shotgun - but hey, it's your shotgun...
Old 08-19-2015, 06:39 PM
Spike

Thanks for the info. I'll pass on the Briley tubes at those prices haha.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tubes are really handy for clay shooters that want to practice precision pointing. Throw a 28ga tube set in a 12ga O/U and you have a much smaller pattern - less forgiving. Then when you take them out for competition, you have a whole lot more shot to play with.

Chamber adapters are a waste of money. The tubes might not be worth the money to most, but at least they're a good product that actually delivers.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Tubes are really handy for clay shooters that want to practice precision pointing. Throw a 28ga tube set in a 12ga O/U and you have a much smaller pattern - less forgiving. Then when you take them out for competition, you have a whole lot more shot to play with.

Chamber adapters are a waste of money. The tubes might not be worth the money to most, but at least they're a good product that actually delivers.

I see the reason for the tubes, that makes sense.
-Jake
Old 08-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I see the reason for the tubes, that makes sense.
-Jake
Also, those who shoot skeet competitively often shoot all 4 gauges.

12, 20, 28 & 410 bore

One gun - all 4 gauges.