Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Custom Holster pics >

Custom Holster pics

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Custom Holster pics

Old 06-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Custom Holster pics

I have an American Derringer in .45 Colt. I normally carry it in my pants or coat pocket. There have been times I wished I had a holster for it so I had one made locally. I think it turned our very nice.

I am thinking about having a cartridge loop put on each side so I don't have to have them in my pocket.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr

I am thinking about having a cartridge loop put on each side so I don't have to have them in my pocket.
Yeah, you would hate for them to turn green like Barney Fife always had to contend with "But Andy, it was turning GREEEEEN"
Old 06-12-2015, 01:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I actually saw that when I went to the NRA police firearms instructors school many years ago. There was a guy there from a municiple police dept with the old style Sam Brown belt with cartridge loops and the swivel holster who couldn't get his rounds out of the loops on the firing line because they were green and corroded so badly they were stuck to the leather. I have been around cartridges and leather long enough to know not to leave then in the loops.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 06-12-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hot sweaty day they will turn green in your pocket too. Been there done that. Brass can be a temperamental pain in the butt sometimes. Nice little holster BTW.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Neat little piece and holster!