Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Tikka T3 Hunter >

Tikka T3 Hunter

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka T3 Hunter

Old 05-02-2015, 05:04 PM
Spike

Default Tikka T3 Hunter

Hey y'all! I'm new to the forum and just wanted to share and get opinions on a new Tikka T3 Hunter I picked up recently. I've been hunting since the late 70's and have not had many different rifles. Currently own Rem 30 06, Ruger M77 in 7mag and Marlin 30 30. Lately I've been using the Marlin 30 30 with great success. But I've had the urge for a 270 win for a long time and I've been very interested in the Tikka for the past 3 or so years (for the slick action, weight and trigger). I thought for sure I would get a T3 lite and was trying to decide on ss, fluted and camo variations offered. Yesterday I p/u a T3 Hunter and quickly realized I wouldn't sacrifice much in weight to get a wood stock (which I'd much prefer). I haven't shot it yet cause the Leupold VX3 I ordered first hasn't come from OP yet. Does anyone have the Hunter version or any Tikka they'd like to share their experiences with?

Btw: I paid $609 NIB from local sporting goods store on clearance sale.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi, welcome to the forum. I have no experience with Tikka's, but i'm sure many guys here do. Do you hunt White-Tails and those big black bears down there? I used to get a black bear magazine and couldn't believe the size of those Carolina Bears.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:04 PM
Spike

I owned a T3 Lite in .270 and it was a very accurate rifle and gave no issues at all. Enjoy your new rifle!
Old 05-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by gjersy
Hi, welcome to the forum. I have no experience with Tikka's, but i'm sure many guys here do. Do you hunt White-Tails and those big black bears down there? I used to get a black bear magazine and couldn't believe the size of those Carolina Bears.
I mainly hunt deer. We have some good sized hogs and will take them too. I've never hunted bear. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum!
Old 05-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Omega218er
I owned a T3 Lite in .270 and it was a very accurate rifle and gave no issues at all. Enjoy your new rifle!
I'm looking forward to sighting it in and finding out about that MOA accuracy.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just picked up a Tikka T3 lite Stainless in .223 and moved my Burris Signature Select 6X-24X 44MM scope on to it.

Zeroed it in at 100 yards as that Burris scope has a Mil-dot reticle.

I have not killed anything with it as of yet; but it shoots under MOA with 55gr. Hornady V-max bullets.

Now that turkey season is over I will be back out there using it as a predator killer.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:46 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Omega218er
I have the exact rifle. Replaced the stock with a B&C Medalists. I liked the Tikka so much that I purchased a T3 Hunter in 260 (8 twist 260 is the shizzle). I put the take-off stock from the 270 on the 260 after modifying and getting it dipped. Both guns are wonderfully accurate. I adjusted triggers and skim-bedded both, but neither really needed anything to shoot small groups. The 260 is a genuine .5 MOA rifle with a couple of different loads.

Not my favorite rifles for a couple of reasons, but they are excellent to carry and hunt with.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own one in the Blued format in a .308 Winchester. Let me tell you, the smoothness of the action is incredible, but the biggest thing is the accuracy. It's a real tack driver for a hunting rifle. Black composite stock makes it a lightweight to carry in the woods too.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Spike

Pic added...
Attached Thumbnails Tikka T3 Hunter-2015-05-11-18.21.22.jpg