Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Gripe of the Day >

Gripe of the Day

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gripe of the Day

Old 04-16-2015, 12:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Gripe of the Day

I discovered today that I lost a screw on the right side of my grip on my Kahr MK 40 in my Crimson Trace laser grips. I called Crimson Trace, and they told me I have to get the screws from Kahr, I did not remember if screws came with the crimson trace or if I used the origionals. I called Kahr in MA and got a message that due to phone line problems calls are not going through to the company and to try later. Five hours later I called again, same message so I googled their website and thee was a link to buy parts with exloded view of the gun so it made it easy to pick what you wanted. I clicked on the screw I needed and found it cost $1.10 so I ordered two of them, never know if I will ose another. Now for the gripe. The cheapest shipping for two tiny screws that cost $2.20 was $10.00 and change. they could have put them in an envelope and shipped them for less than a dollar through USPS. I shipped a piece of buffalo hide back to the place I bought it 2 days ago, it cost me 6 bucks. I am going to call them when their phone works and discuss how they are cheating their cutomers with shipping prices. They make a fine gun, but this is BS. End of rant.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

It's really hard getting replacement parts for anything these days.

I was lucky to find extra magazines for my pistol eventually.

It took a long time, and when they got here 3 of them worked and 1 was deformed.

Oh well. Gotta stay loose and roll with the punches.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is ridiculous when they could go in a small envelope like you mentioned for probably the cost of one first class stamp!
Old 04-16-2015, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not that they are charging for the shipping, it's the "handling" that they are screwing you with. (hehe notice the pun "screwing") sorry couldn't resist

Companies everywhere get away with that crap. All the ad's you see stating "free just pay extra shipping and handling" and that's usually in the range of 10 or 15 extra bucks. Like it cost's them 10 bucks in labor and such to put a couple of screws in an envelope! Welcome to "free trade"
Old 04-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Spike

I got a rubber seal for my motorcycle gas tank it coast $1.50 and $5 shipping it was in a envelope with two stamps on it. Got a leupold scope from sportsmans guide free shipping and $.03 handling fee.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

yup, on my 1 ton flatbed work truck, ice/snow buildup broke a 2 pin connector for the parking light, ordered the part, cost $1.62, shipping was 17 bucks!
RR
Old 04-18-2015, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Few years back Cabala's owed me some money. Wanting to clear their books of that debt they sent a E mail and suggested I find a product and order it.
I had been wanting a E scale and a RCBS range master fit the bill and was the right price to cover the debt they owed me. I did the ordering over the phone and was told I would owe them some thing like $35.00 UPS shipping. I told them to put it in a USPS small flat rate box which at that time was about $9.00. They said they couldn't do that as UPS came right to the wear house to pick up packages. I asked if they got mail at the wear house and they said yes. Now I ship hundreds of pounds of bees wax and honey every year USPS flat rate and I get the boxes free delivered to my house and they pick up the packages at my house I am shipping. Any They refused to ship it other than UPS so I told them to forget the order I was not going to pay that shipping cost when there were better shipping Options they could use if they really cared about the customer.
So to get the debt they owed me they shipped the scale to me free of charge despite my willing ness to pay for USPS shipping.

Al
Old 04-26-2015, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Back to the original post. Why not try a local hardware store and see if you could pick up a screw to match. You never know, you could get lucky
Old 05-02-2015, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree. So many companies do that, apparently the logic behind it is that to do something out of the normal it takes time effort energy & $, so they do everything one way. Sucks they wouldn't just ship the screws to you.

Flip side of that... I lost a couple mounting screws for some leupold bases I had, sent an email to cust svc asking what size they were (I wasn't sure) and where could I purchase them? A week later (after no response to my email) 4 brand new screws arrived in the mail - in a small padded envelope (through usps). They never did respond to my email, just sent me new screws. Gotta love good cust svc. I would gladly have paid, never had a chance.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:44 AM
Spike

For future reference in situations of this nature I will always give Brownells my business.
Yes someone will answer the phone and after you identify the issue they will transfer you to the proper extension if needed to speak with someone familiar with the problem at hand. They have been a great assistance to me on more then one occasion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.