Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Uh, help?

Old 01-29-2015, 05:12 AM
Spike

Default Uh, help?

After a few hours of dove hunting, my shotgun decided to malfunction. It is a Savage model 755a, it is my father-in-law's father's gun.
What happened baffles me to no end. After a 2 shot series the barrel and the bolt where pulled back into the shell discharge area. I messed with it a bit last night and the barrel went back to it's original position. After charging the bolt and releasing it a couple of times there was no issue and it performed as normal.
The question, is this a normal operation? I have not paid attention to it before but I think it is not.
I have included a picture to indicate where the barrel and bolt where stuck.
Attached Thumbnails Uh, help?-savage.jpg  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Time for a deep cleaning and lube !
Old 01-29-2015, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Time for a deep cleaning and lube !
The 755a is a long-recoil operated gun, same principal as the Browning A-5. When it goes off, there's lots of stuff happening. everything has to work together for it to operate. A good cleaning is it probably needs.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:54 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Wingbone
The 755a is a long-recoil operated gun, same principal as the Browning A-5. When it goes off, there's lots of stuff happening. everything has to work together for it to operate. A good cleaning is it probably needs.
Thanks for the reply. Will do.