Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Bismuth shot is back >

Bismuth shot is back

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bismuth shot is back

Old 12-22-2014, 10:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Bismuth shot is back

I posted this in the waterfowling thread in response to a poster's question. I have put it here because of the little traffic in the waterfowling thread.

It was just printed in Shooting Sportsman mag in an article by Tom Roster that Rio ammo Co. has purchased the name and the right to make Bismuth/tin shot, sold under the name Bismuth shot. Rio purchased it from Ely Hawk in England, who purchased it from the Bismuth company when they went belly up. According to the article, a huge manufacturing plant is being built in Texas and there should be no problems finding Bismuth shot in the future. The article also says it is being manufactured in the US now. Good news for those of us who use thin walled barreled double guns. No mention of price.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I posted this in the waterfowling thread in response to a poster's question. I have put it here because of the little traffic in the waterfowling thread.

It was just printed in Shooting Sportsman mag in an article by Tom Roster that Rio ammo Co. has purchased the name and the right to make Bismuth/tin shot, sold under the name Bismuth shot. Rio purchased it from Ely Hawk in England, who purchased it from the Bismuth company when they went belly up. According to the article, a huge manufacturing plant is being built in Texas and there should be no problems finding Bismuth shot in the future. The article also says it is being manufactured in the US now. Good news for those of us who use thin walled barreled double guns. No mention of price.
I bought and loaded some ITX shot from Ballistic Product Co called ITX-10. Same basic stuff as bismuth. Loaded it in my new 20ga O/U for geese. I did it just to cut costs a bit. Geese never knew the difference between it and Hevi-Shot!!!! A neat alternative if you reload. And is safe so older guns.