Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
.350 Remington Magnum >

.350 Remington Magnum

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.350 Remington Magnum

Old 12-13-2014, 08:11 AM
Spike

Default .350 Remington Magnum

Looking for comments regarding this caliber.

Bought a Remington model Seven KS in this caliber about 20 years back new, that was discounted at a Gander Mountain.

Mounted a Leupold 1x5 scope in Conetrol mounts. Scoped and slinged it weighs 6 pounds 9 oz. Nice handy rifle.

Have used it for a couple whitetail, one black bear, and one caribou, all with good results.

Ammo: Remington stopped loading the factory ammo recently. A few years back I had a buddy work up some handloads using 250 grain Speer Grand Slams (thanks Brad), for an elk hunt. Didn't shoot any elk, but the above caribou. This load seems a bit much for whitetail. Still have a few boxes of the Remington 200 grain factory loads, two boxes of Remington 250 grain, and just ordered 4 boxes of Hornady 225 grain partitions, as I can only see ammo getting harder to find in the future.

Comments, especially others users experience. Any handloaders pet loads also appreciated.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cv540
and just ordered 4 boxes of Hornady 225 grain partitions, .
Didnt know Hornady loaded/manufactured partitions, are you sure?
Old 12-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Spike

Should have read Nosler Ammunition. "Gots my bullit makers mixed up."

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/535...tzer-box-of-20
Old 12-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had one for years. I handloaded 225 gr Woodleigh bullets and used it for elk. Mine was one of the Model 700 Classics and I had a 4x Nikon on it. I liked the round but my wife bought me a 9.3x62 Mauser and it was a better round. So I sold my 350 Mag off. My one complaint was a good selection of 35 cal bullets. The 9.3, which equates to 366 caliber has a much better selection and I can get bullets up to 320 gr.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a GREAT rifle 540! The KS is a lightweight and the 350RM is a PERFECT round for that rig. Ballistically it's a match for the 35Whelen and nobody has anything but the highest regard for that ol warhorse. I hate to hear Rem has quit loading for it, especially since it's THEIR caliber! (Doesn't surprise me tho, ever since FA bought Rem they've made stupid decision after stupid decision and over the last 2-3yrs they've REALLY began making stupid decisions with regards to output of their ammo plant in Lonoke, AR.

I'd LOVE to have a 350RM, ESPECIALLY a KS like you have. I'd for SURE be holding onto it and just start hoarding brass and develop a sweet load. (I'd be hard pressed to put anything besides the 225 Barnes in it. That gun, that load & if it has a heartbeat that rig will stop it!)

Good luck!