Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Gun restriction >

Gun restriction

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun restriction

Old 12-12-2014, 02:25 AM
Spike

My #1 recommendation for your friend is hire a lawyer. It will cost $$$ but will be able to explain the laws, verify the letter, and the best way to approach and do the appeal. I would stay away from muzzleloaders, etc until this is sorted out as your friend doesn't need to get in any more trouble.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well it sounds to me that if this whole thing, including the letter, is legit that he shouldn't have anything remotely resembling a firearm at his house until the matter is resolved through the proper channels and that, unfortunately, will probably include lawyers.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey bigtim sorry to hear that about your friend, hope he heals up. Had a similar thing happen to my cousin about 3 1/2 years ago, he was threatening suicide, his dad, mom & wife couldn't handle him, so i drove out to help. I threw him into the van and we forced him to a hospital. While there they had to call the cops to admit him, anyway he got better, eventually. But they took all his guns including his muzzle-loader. He still bow-hunted though. I went to court with him on his 1st try to get his guns back, i told him if the judge asks me, i'll say NO! Anyway he got them back this fall, but he had to go threw the ringer to get them back (good thing). Your friend self admitted himself in my book, but rules are rules. My cousins psychiatrist was who the judge listened to, when she gave her ok, the judge let him get his guns back, almost 4 years later.
Old 04-26-2023, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Olemin
Yeah man, that's cool.
Whats even cooler is a bot responding to a 9yr old topic with a generic response.