Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Shot in 5 guns. >

Shot in 5 guns.

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Shot in 5 guns.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default Shot in 5 guns.

I took my next door buddy to the range. It was about 65* and damp,but calm.
I got my rest and rear bag set up while he tells me how flat and dead on his 25-06 Rem Classic shoots? I got my spotting scope set up and opened up my guns cases. I brought an old Savage[30-06] 110 built from parts,a 30-06 Axis,i bought just to see how well i could get it to shoot and an old 30-30 Marlin.
Put targets up at 100 and 200 meters.[ I hate meters.] I told him to set up and left him shoot first. His first shoot 4" high and 3" right! Next one was 4" left and 4" high. Oil in the barrel he says made it shoot off? Fine with me? Next,5 left and 4 high. He starts moving the scope adjustments. Up and down and right and left at the same time!!!! Now,he says it will really close! I got him to let the gun cool off so i could shoot. He had fired about 10 rounds at the paper and some steel swingers.
I put the old 110 savage on the rest and shot one. You missed the whole target he says. He's looking thru my spotting scope! I am all worked up now! What has happened? I go and look thru the scope?
Low and behold,he's looking at the wrong darn target!!!!!!!! My shot was 1/2 inch hig dead center! The Axis shot the same or really close to it. Both guns had been shot a couple of days before and were slightly fouled,ready to take hunting.
The old 30-30 shot about a 2 1/2 in group,ok with me. His 25-06 finished up about the same as my30-30,but he was happy?