Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Perfect crosshair alignment >

Perfect crosshair alignment

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Perfect crosshair alignment

Old 11-19-2014, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen the guyz on "Gunwerks" use one that folds down off one of the bases (L or R).

Don't know who makes it ?
Old 11-20-2014, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks again for all the great info.....gonna have to get me some of those
Old 11-20-2014, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

We use the Vortex level on our work rifles and they work and function great. I am in the process(Lazyness!!) of ordering some for my field rifles because it will become second nature to use this in both situations.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

what's "work rifle" mean???.....sounds like a good job...lol
Old 11-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey james...in Nebraska right now and my buddy made a 907 yard shot on a nice whitetail buck. 270 Weatherby and a 150 ablr, I'll get some pics up when I get home next week.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jeepkid
Hey james...in Nebraska right now and my buddy made a 907 yard shot on a nice whitetail buck. 270 Weatherby and a 150 ablr, I'll get some pics up when I get home next week.
Nice, that is a heck of a shot! RR will like that

You know regarding this post, I've never used a level ever. ? I've always just eyeballed em up. Granted, I'm not shooting out to real long distances with any of my guns, but a couple of my hunting guns I have shot out to 300yds with good accuracy (target). My groundhog gun has killed 2 at over 500yds, so I guess my scope is pretty level? Who knows. Honestly, I've never given it much thought... all mine look straight when looking through them. Doubt any of them are exactly perfect from what it sounds, but I'd guess they are close.

Good info guys.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jeepkid
way to go Adam, are you coaching him? bring on the pics, what BC ya runnin on that ABLR?
RR
Old 11-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I agree with what Ridge said about not lifting your head up. Most of my rifles aren't on pic-rail bases, so I kinda get forced to use those scope mounted alternatives.
NoMercy, that vortex would work mounted upside down on the scope, would be quicker than if its up top.
RR
Old 11-20-2014, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
NoMercy, that vortex would work mounted upside down on the scope, would be quicker than if its up top.
RR
Thats how we have ours and mine. I have the bubble on the right right side so not to interfer with my sight along left side of scope/action.

Hey HillBilly, think about it. And yes its a great job and an ever greater group of guys to work with. Just not so great when you have to use your skills that you were/are taught to use at times.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
RR
I've thought about that. I have two of them on pistols right now, but upside done on a rifle is the way to go with the vortex's offset bubble.