Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Need scope suggestions for 1895 45-70 >

Need scope suggestions for 1895 45-70

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need scope suggestions for 1895 45-70

Old 11-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer and recommended Leupold scopes, you can go low end or high end with that brand, they are all quality optics.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leupold VX-2........3-9x40
Old 11-02-2014, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally don't like the reticle clutter in the ultimate slam. Look through one before you buy it. I don't think you can go wrong with a Leupold. Nikon is also very good. I like Sightron as well, they make very nice scopes. Make sure to get something quality with a lifetime warranty.

If it was me with that gun given your hunting area, I'd lean towards a 3-9x40 most likely.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

FX-II 4x33mm

The FX™ Series of riflescopes is made for those hunters and shooters who appreciate the ruggedness, accuracy, bright sight picture, large exit pupil, and of course, the purity of a fixed power riflescope. There’s an FX riflescope suited to nearly every shooting sport, and nearly every firearm, from rifles, to shotguns, to handguns.

Model Options Starting prices are USA only, and are our Suggested Retail Price.

Duplex Reticle Duplex +
Gloss Finish Gloss =

$374.99
Product #58530

Wide Duplex Reticle Wide Duplex +
Matte Finish Matte =

$374.99
Product #58550

Note: Reticle images are a web simulation and not to scale. Actual reticle appearance will vary depending on scope magnification.

Downloads

Leupold Riflescope Owner’s Handbook

2014 Leupold Optics Catalog

This^^^^^^^
Old 11-17-2014, 06:37 AM
Spike

Took a chance and went lower budget with a Nikon Pro Staff 3-9x40 with the BDC reticle. Got it mounted up and took it out this weekend to play. I am very pleased with the scope and gun.

Using Hornady Leverevolution 325 gr. ammo, This gun/scope combo is a shooter. Took only about 10 shots to get it hitting bullseye at 100 yards, and then started shooting 5 shot groups. The groups stayed between and inch and inch and a half at 100 yards. Went through 2 boxes of ammo and am very happy. Scope seems bright and rock steady, and the ammois very accurate and consistant. Thanks for all the suggestions.