Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

excited.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking excited.

With 22lr ammo in short supply and seemly no end in sight I decided I need some thing different for squirrels.

22mag ammo is causing the shelves in Dunham's sporting goods to sag along with a couple local gun shops. Picked up a Savage 93 Sunday, don't have the mounts for a scope yet but does have iron sights which should do for a little bit.

Over all the rifle is Spartan nothing fancy not the greatest fit and finish but bolt functions smooth and easy as well as the safety.

Of course the used Ruger 77 22 mag MKII was nicer but Used was priced twice the price of the Savage 93 new. With the 25.00 rim fire rebate it cost less than $200.00 to bring home.

Looks like the squirrels are going to be in trouble with this rifle. Going to give it a good cleaning today and then see how well it will shoot with open sights.

Al
Old 10-13-2014, 02:49 AM
Typical Buck

Your lucky I can find 22 lr faster then I can 22 magnum ammo, with isn't that easy to do. To 22 magnum is a fine small game round. Go lick on your new rifle.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:26 AM
Typical Buck

By the way all my 22 magnum shot the winchester super x the best. The cci where ok but the super x really tightened up the group's.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try Hornady 30 Grainers too.....!
Old 10-21-2014, 02:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I'm using the Hornady's in my single six.

Al