Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
There was a time >

There was a time

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

There was a time

Old 09-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do enjoy reading everyone's posts on topics I have interest in.

There are a few guys which I always seek out what they have to say, even if the topic is not of great interest to me.

If I want specific information I "PM" a select few.

I mostly enjoy giving (reading) advise to newbies - feeling you have been of some help to another is the most rewarding !!!

I do believe in free speech - so I miss guys like "Relentless" as he always stirred the pot - LOL !

Check out his video on "proper barrel break in" below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRRahHX9Zkg
Old 09-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

It could just be because of Not much going on here right now?
Old 09-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mounting man
It could just be because of Not much going on here right now?
My point exactly. Was a time when you had what seemed like 10-12 new topics every day in various sections.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

We need some new active members. We need to stop chasing away new people that post too.
-Jake
Old 09-26-2014, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Wayspr, there was a time that there was much more activity on this board than there is now.
I think that some of the "senior post count" experts enjoyed belittling any and all newbies and that is when things started going south! A site like this is supposed to be both informative and FUN! Who wants to join up to be made fun of? Remember we were all newbies and rookies at one time and "post count seniority" doesn't mean squat! With a little civility, this site can become great again.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JagMagMan
I agree with Wayspr, there was a time that there was much more activity on this board than there is now.
I think that some of the "senior post count" experts enjoyed belittling any and all newbies and that is when things started going south! A site like this is supposed to be both informative and FUN! Who wants to join up to be made fun of? Remember we were all newbies and rookies at one time and "post count seniority" doesn't mean squat! With a little civility, this site can become great again.
one of the reasons I deleted 8,000 posts, got tired of hearing "just cause you got 8,000 posts don't mean you know it all, I joined in march of 98, I had been hunting and shooting since 1970, I do not belittle, I do not post on a thread just to add to my post count, I do not hit on others about ethics or try to twist they're words to try and make it sound like they are doing something illegal, but some here do, add a couple LOL's in the post, then start with I been hunting 55 years blah, blah, blah.
I use to post my adventures of long range shooting, not anymore, tired of defending myself for doing something perfectly legal, but some think since they don't understand how its done, its just wrong, so I refrain from posting.
RR
Old 09-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well it is hunting season or close to it right now in most areas. But I'm sure it you have a question and you start a thread you will get opinions and/or answers from the members on here. Some opinions you can take with a grain of salt. Others you may want to heed as there are a good bit of members with years of experience.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Typical Buck

Yea, I remember when I first signed up. I GOT BLASTED! Very harshly too. And I had all but made up my mind to never come back. But I decided to ride it out, and boy I'm glad I did! The information Ive gatherd, and friendships Ive made on here are irreplaceable.

I do agree tho, We need some more members. Most times im on theres 30 active members, and 700 guests. Hopefully things will soon change.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh do we wish for the good ole days! Remember back in 2003 when the forum went down and everyone lost all their posts and got a new start date? LOL, boy that had some panties in a bunch.
There have been alot of good folks here over the years. Still are some, but most are on other boards now. This place went downhill big time when it got sold. I still hang around and plug in now and then.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

the problem is average members who are in the know on certain topics will be banned for dressing down someone for posting bad info, in some cases such as the reloading form bad info is dangerous, the mods won't do anything so all we can do is watch, all because some are driven to post on every thread to get the post count up, when that happens a forum becomes useless due to to much incorrect info.
some new members have become to dependent on asking on a forum and accepting the answer as gosphle, why look it up when you can just ask?
I'll help anybody but they won't learn anything if I spoon feed them.
RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.