Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Winchester Model 70 7mm Rem Mag value? >

Winchester Model 70 7mm Rem Mag value?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Winchester Model 70 7mm Rem Mag value?

Old 03-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Winchester Model 70 7mm Rem Mag value?

I picked up a Winchester Model 70 7mm Rem Mag in a trade. This rifle has a black matt finish, 26" barrel, black synthetic Winchester stock, and Weaver bases and rings. It is used but doesn't show any signs of wear (barrel is really clean) and bolt doesn't show any wear either. This is early 1990's vintage.

I'm not selling it but was curious what the market value is for a rifle like this.

Any info appreciated . . . Rob

Old 03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought one the other day for 350 shipped. I thought I was getting a smoking deal but not really. There is the Shadow and the ultimate shadow. The Ultimate shadow sells new for around 650. The shadow sold for around 399 new. The biggest difference in the two are the bottom metal. Since yours doesn't have that, it means it was a shadow that sold new for 399. It's probably still worth that in my opinion because you can't go buy a new one for that anymore. 350 to 400 is my guess.

Here's a couple of pics of mine.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

One more thing, bag the weaver rings and bases. JMO.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear you on the rings and bases. They were on it when I got it. Does yours actually say "Shadow" on it? Mine only says Winchester Model 70, nothing about Shadow. Just curious.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rob in VT
I hear you on the rings and bases. They were on it when I got it. Does yours actually say "Shadow" on it? Mine only says Winchester Model 70, nothing about Shadow. Just curious.
Mine says the same thing. I was very dissapoitnted when I found out that mine was a shadow. The info on the internet is hard to figure out. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have two of them, the newer ones dont have the big W imprinted on the stock and the last one I got has a controlled round feed. Both rifles shoot well.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default Shadow

You're correct about the gun being made in the early 90's. It is a push feed model without a floor plate. Value in todays market is $325-$375. You have a nice rifle and there isn't one thing wrong with the push feed model 70. I would have the trigger adjusted to your liking and take it hunting.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto "Superpig". About $350-$400 tops. If you are going to hunt with it. Can the Weaver rings. Put some decent glass on it. Buy a few different factory loads and head to the range. Might be one that is a sweet grouper.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got one in 7 MM RM. Paid right at 400 for in the mid 90's. I had the trigger lighned to 3 lbs. A collectors gun it is not! Very accurate game getter though!