Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Choke tube for trap shooting >

Choke tube for trap shooting

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Choke tube for trap shooting

Old 01-02-2012, 02:10 PM
New Sheriff

Default Choke tube for trap shooting

My son will be on the school trap team. He will be shooting a 12 gauge Winchester 1300 speed pump.

Is there a choke tube specifically made for shooting trap? I know full choke is preferred but I don't know if there is a trap made just for shooting trap.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Only one way to know "how good" any choke works; shoot it at a patterning board at the distance(s) you are planning to use it at.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:05 PM
New Sheriff

10-4 that Sheridan. I was going to get 3 or 4 and pattern them. I was just trying to get a head start so that 3 or 4 didn't turn into 7 or 8.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Call and ask to speak to George.

http://www.trulockchokes.com/

It's all about "your son's" gun, choke, load & what line you're shooting from.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

What type of shotgun. How much are you looking at investing in this project? What gauge? I would look at Brileys for they make tubes for everyone and they are quality tubes.
Have them for all my shotguns from Mossbergs to my Kreighoff and Berretta. How experienced is your son at shooting trap? i would look at the Modified first and then maybe the Improved Modified after that are what I use for all my shooting from 16 to 25yd registered trap with 8's in warm weather and 9's in hot weather. After 25yd I go to Full and 7-1/2's for the extra energy.