HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Tikki T3 Lite vs. Ruger M77 Hawkeye vs. Browning X-Bolt (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/354135-tikki-t3-lite-vs-ruger-m77-hawkeye-vs-browning-x-bolt.html)

TullyMars 11-22-2011 09:25 AM

Tikki T3 Lite vs. Ruger M77 Hawkeye vs. Browning X-Bolt

I've narrowed my list down to theses 3 in a .270 Win. I would have included the Winchester M70, but I am left handed, but shoot a right handed bolt action. I didn't like the safety on the Winchester. Any feedback appreciated.

Sheridan 11-22-2011 11:11 AM

All great firearms that I have looked at as well.

I ended up with the Browning X-Bolt (stainless stalker)........ I wish all my rifles were this good !!!

Also own; Marlin, Savage, Remington, Sako

VAhuntr 11-22-2011 01:30 PM

Having owned all 3 rifles I would pick the X-Bolt but the Tikka would be at least as accurate. The Ruger would be the pick for a rugged rifle.

For me I wanted the accuracy of the X-Bolt/Tikka but the ruggedness of the Ruger. I wound up going with a new FN made Winchester 70 Extreme Weather. For me it combines the accuracy of the X-Bolt and Tikka but also has the ruggedness of the Ruger.

TullyMars 12-08-2011 07:20 PM

Gone to the store & messed around with the rifles, done the research, and the winner is....X-Bolt Hunter in .270.

bronko22000 12-09-2011 01:13 PM

VA - Tikka the least accurate??? I doubt that very much. I would think the Ruger would be less accurate than either the Tikka or the Browning. Being a fellow lefty and owing a Ruger 77, Tikka T3 and Browning A-bolt I have to relate my experiences with all three. First the Ruger 300 WM): This rifle needed both a trigger job and a bedding job to get it to shoot to my satisfaction. My A-bolts (a 7-08 and 325 WSM) both needed bedding jobs to shoot 1" - <1". The Tikka (30-06) shot great right out of the box. Shooting 1" - 1 1/4".
The only rifles I own that shoot better are my Savages

newton29 12-09-2011 05:31 PM

VA said AT LEAST as accurate.

In my experience, the Tikka is very accurate and feels very cheap. The Ruger is a workhorse, accuracy is decent. My Browning A-bolt comes to the shoulder smoothly and shoots every bit as good as my Tikka did (traded it). Both my Ruger and Browning just felt better to me. I haven't had the pleasure of shooting the X-Bolt. I would buy the Browning.

VAhuntr 12-09-2011 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by bronko22000 (Post 3887407)
VA - Tikka the least accurate??? I doubt that very much. I would think the Ruger would be less accurate than either the Tikka or the Browning. Being a fellow lefty and owing a Ruger 77, Tikka T3 and Browning A-bolt I have to relate my experiences with all three. First the Ruger 300 WM): This rifle needed both a trigger job and a bedding job to get it to shoot to my satisfaction. My A-bolts (a 7-08 and 325 WSM) both needed bedding jobs to shoot 1" - <1". The Tikka (30-06) shot great right out of the box. Shooting 1" - 1 1/4".
The only rifles I own that shoot better are my Savages

bronko, What I meant was: I would pick the X-Bolt over the three rifles in question, even though IMO the Tikka would be at least as accurate(if not more so) as the Browning.

nysmoker 12-10-2011 09:15 AM

I just got a ruger in lefty and i have to be honest i love just about everything about the gun . It shoulders nice ... its wood and a nice looking piece of wood and its really accurate despite the factory trigger . That said its chambered in .308 and shoots fusion 165 under and inch . The action is sticky but it is a new gun .Hate the trigger .Way too long of travel ... That said its going to get a timmney trigger and have the action lapped.I am banking this will bring the group under a half inch or more .I have killed 3 deer with it this year so far.A buck 226yds ... off hand.130yds on a doe and 60 yds on another doe .. three shots ... three bang flops.I dont like the tikka rifles and i never have liked plastic on my rifles.I almost bought the browning but my wife pulled the trigger befor i could and got me the ruger for x-mas.

Bernie P. 12-11-2011 06:48 AM

I have the Hawkeye AW in .280.Very accurate!

warbirdlover 12-12-2011 06:32 PM

You can't go wrong! Pick what you want. Reading reviews on all three all are made very well. The Ruger has controlled round feeding and the others are push feed if that matters to you. The most accurate (in the reviews) was the Tikka T3. Good luck with whatever you buy.