Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington Premier Scirocco Bonded >

Remington Premier Scirocco Bonded

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Premier Scirocco Bonded

Old 08-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Host of Hosts

Default Remington Premier Scirocco Bonded

I just picked up 2 boxes of 130 grain Scirocco Bonded bullets at wal-mart for 10.00 a box. They are usually priced at 18.00 a box. Has anyone ever tried them? Are they any good?
Old 08-09-2003, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Remington Premier Scirocco Bonded

F4YG' s I have' nt shot any of then yet but I have read a little about them, Remington has a pretty good write-up on them on their web page, looks like they will really be OK.

Are you shooting a 270?

Old 08-10-2003, 06:23 AM
Host of Hosts

Are you shooting a 270?
Yes! What else is there? LOL
Old 08-10-2003, 06:26 AM
Host of Hosts

I might just get a few more boxes today , before they sell out. Even if they don' t shoot well in my rifle, I will have extra practice ammo and brass. I might just check the other Wal-Mart on the other side of town for other calibers.
Old 08-10-2003, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

With seeing that you got 130gr I figured you was shooting a 270. IMO they are hard to beat as an all around rifle.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I and my brother in law have used them for antelope,elk,deer and bear.I was totaly impressed with their preformance.We were/are shooting 180gr. out of 300 ultra mags.My brother-in-law shot a black bear day during fall rifle season,200 yds,standing facing him(I was Back-up) he aimed for the white spot on her chest.He hit her right down the mouth knoked the front two teeth out,and put a hole the size of a barn door out the back.Dust flew of her he hit her so hard.She was a 6' 320lb sow.Thats good size for here in Montana.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:00 AM
bigcountry

I have never got them to shoot in anything I have had. I tried factory and reloading them. Also they build pressure quicker than normal when reloading due to the thick jacket.

Old 08-11-2003, 05:19 PM
Host of Hosts

I have never got them to shoot in anything I have had
I put 10 rounds through one of my 270' s and wasn' t impressed. I will try the other 270 sometime this week.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Host of Hosts

I tried the other rifle today with the Scirocco bullets. Not impressed at all. I then used the old Core-Lokts and got 1 1/4 in 5 shot group. Just goes to show you that Premium ammo isn' t always better.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn' t have much luck with accuracy in my 7mm Rem. and was not impressed with price ( bullet price for reloading) nor with performance.

Here' s some graphic pictures I took of my deer last fall. DON' T look if you don' t want to see blood and gore!!

http://www.powerandfury.net/j02deer.html (link to bullet efffects are at the bottom of this page)

Quick Reply: Remington Premier Scirocco Bonded

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.