Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How much for a Bushmaster? >

How much for a Bushmaster?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How much for a Bushmaster?

Old 08-06-2003, 06:08 PM

Default How much for a Bushmaster?

Ok, I' m dropping the idea of an SKS. I can get my dad to pay for 1/4th of a gun that is over 300 dollars...The guy at the gun shop said my money is bettter invested ina Bushmaster. 4 questions: How much is a basic AR-15 Bushmaster in .223 Rem, do you need a FFL to get it? And how much is an M4 carbine pattern model, and doyou need an FFL to get that?

thanks
slayer
Old 08-06-2003, 08:08 PM

Default RE: How much for a Bushmaster?

Retail for a standard one( A2 upper, 20" bbl reg stock) is $995 and for the M-4 copy $1065. www.bushmaster.com

Yes, you will need and FFL holder/gunshop to order either one.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya about 100o bucks or so....and they are way better then a sks....you dont need an ffl to own one...just have to have the ffl holder to sell i to you..which most gunshops are.....and if the guy recomended it he can probally get it for you...theres alot you can do with one..from making it a tactical machine to a true tack driver that will hang with most custom bolt guns.....youll pay more for an ar-15 but if you can shoot you will see the diffrence......good luck....also you might want to look at an L1A1 or FAL they are called...its a semiauto most chambered in 308win...i have one....its a sweet gun....some are pretty accurate...mine is one of them that shoot pretty well...im not sure but i think you can get one for about 800 or so...im not sure on that....ask your gun dealer about them....ive shot them semi and full auto...ive probally shot atleast 10 of them and never had any problems with them at all....they are almost a cross between an AR and a AK 47....most of the inside parts remind me of an AKs but the bolt is sorta like an ars..you can find them full sized or carbine modles...ive shot both....i never really put any on paper....just blasint cans and spraying big tagets with full autos....my dad put mine on paper and said it shot really good...but a 308 may be big if you want anything left of the critters you shoot...either gun is a good gun and you shouldnt have problems with either....good luck
Old 08-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Fork Horn

I' m not sure if you' ve looked at an AK47, but you may want to consider one as a cheaper, but reliable, alternative to a bushmaster.

A while back, within the last year, a vender in shotgun news was advertising brand new, authentic russian made ak47s for about $190+shipping and ffl fee from your dealer. i' ve never seen, much less fired one of these, however i know that the ak design is very reliable, and therefore don' t see why this would be any different.

it fired the 7.62x39 cartridge, and was heavy blued machine stamped metal with black synthetic stock. semi-auto with a ten round clip. don' t know if the sights were any good, but i belive you could mount a scope on it.

i considered getting one for dog hunting deer in the swamps

this is just a cheaper alternative that you may want to consider.

good luck with whatever you choose,
ths78
Old 08-07-2003, 04:30 AM
Fork Horn

olympic arms also makes an ar clone. im not sure about the quality but the price is nearly half of a bushmaster.pick up a shotgun news mag and look at all the ads. there is also another ar clone for around $650 or so. good luck.

you can also build one hell of an ar for about the same price as a cheap one.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

a FFL is a license to buy firearms for resale, or to buy them from wholesalers or from the maufaturers. i' m assuming that you are a minor, since your dad will help you pay for the gun(if i' m wrong, i' m sorry). he would have to go to the gun shop/store and fill out the paperwork. if you want to buy one online, you have to have a FFL take shipment of the gun. most any gun shop will do this for you for a small fee. the dealer near me, told me to find the gun i wanted, make my deal with the seller, pay for the gun and shipping, then my dealer would give me a copy of his FFL to send to the seller. when the gun comes to my dealer, i would fill out the paperwork at his shop. his charge for the transaction would be about $18 for long guns. you can find a good idea of prices at www.gunsamerica.com. run a search for bushmaster. i believe the prices for the basic, bottom line model is around $600-$800. you might find a better deal on used. check for gunshows in your area, you should find quite a few dealers with them
Old 08-07-2003, 08:52 AM

The Bushmaster AR' s are a great weapon. I like them much better then the give in to Bill Clinton Olympic Arms I can find them at local stores and gun shows for around $750 -$800 in the plain jane models
Old 08-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to see if the AWB expires, then you should be able to get an M4 carbine with a real telespoing stock instead of the lookalike.

Check out Rock River Arms also- they have a really good reputation and are alot less expensive than the bushmasters. I was going to buy an AR this year, but I decided to wait out to see if the AWB would expire and not be renewed so I could get some cool extras on my AR. I' ve got an M1 Garand on order now to hold me over until then