Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
.380 pistol for Left Hander? >

.380 pistol for Left Hander?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.380 pistol for Left Hander?

Old 04-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Spike

Default .380 pistol for Left Hander?

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a .380 that can be operated completely with the left hand?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Being left handed I have looked, and I have not found one. Having said that I normally just use the mag release with fingers, and manually cycle the action.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Spike

Yeah, I've done that but it just doesn't make sense. It completely defeats the purpose of being able to handle/manipulate a weapon quickly when needed. not worth the risk imo, especially if a safety is involved.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't know about a .380,But I do know you can take a Beretta 92FS and change the safety and mag release to make it a lefty.Maybe go to your gun shop and see if their .380s are capable of the same.Might be worth a try.On another note I am going to call the Kimber custom shop and see if they can turn my Eclipse into a lefty only .Might have to have a new slide ? Concerned most about mag release..........Swamp
Old 04-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not aware of anyone who makes an ambi or left hand .380. Best i could do was put an ambi safety on My Colt MK IV Series 80.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Dontdrinkthekoolaid
Yeah, I've done that but it just doesn't make sense. It completely defeats the purpose of being able to handle/manipulate a weapon quickly when needed. not worth the risk imo, especially if a safety is involved.
If an external safety is involved I would agree, otherwise all of the controls can be manipulated just as fast with a focus on the target.

Either way it is a bit annoying, I wonder how much more it would cost some of these companies to at least make ambi mag releases?