Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 All this Savage talk has gSavage Owners >

All this Savage talk has gSavage Owners

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

All this Savage talk has gSavage Owners

Old 07-15-2003, 08:43 PM

Default All this Savage talk has gSavage Owners

All this talk about Savage has me wondering. I owned one in 7mm and my god that thing kicked, friends had em in 25-06,270,and 30-06 all of them kicked pretty bad. I mean i couldn' t tell the difference in the 270,30-06,and7mm they all kicked just as bad as the other. My question is, they were all those very cheap package deals. Do all the Savage rifles kick like this or is just that the package rifles have a very cheap stock,and are realy light? They were all pretty accurate just the recoil was terribile. Would someone recommend a different model Savage?

Just courious.................
Old 07-15-2003, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: All this Savage talk has gSavage Owners

Savages are a little on the light side when it comes to weight so that will increase felt recoil. Also the stocks on the package models are not at all designed to manage recoil. I had a 300 Win Mag with the plastic stock. It was very stout in the recoil department so I took lead balls from my muzzle loader and put them in the cavities of the stock. It helped a little. What really helped was when I fitted it with a laminate stock from Richard' s Microfit. Recoil is much more manageable now.