Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Tikka T3 PROBLEM >

Tikka T3 PROBLEM

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka T3 PROBLEM

Old 11-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Spike

Got my Tikka back today ! Already mounted my limbsaver pad, DNZ mounts and a VXII 3-9x50. Gonna go see how whe shoots tomorrow. When I called MGW one of the guys told me there was a problem with the bolt !?1? But then what do I know. Anyway, seems fine.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Spike

I also bought a TIKKA T3 Wsm left hand ,the first shot I fired the shell jammed and I could not open the bolt to eject the spent bullet.i called stugger and was told to use different Amo,so I used Winchester ballistic and this time the bolt grabs the non spent bullets and will never let go of it unless fired.i now sent the gun to stugger for repair.what a nightmare
Old 10-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Side note I wouldn't buy a SA cartridge in a LA rifle...

If I really wanted/needed a SA cartridge and wanted the Tikka I think I'd spend the money on a Sako A7.

I'm a bit surprised I don't hear more about the Sako A7.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by salukipv1

I'm a bit surprised I don't hear more about the Sako A7.
Proud owner of a Sako A7 Stainless in 7MM RM.

Under MOA out of the box with re-manufactured 139 gr. Hornady SST's.

My Tikka T3 lite Stainless shoots .223 re-manufactured 55 gr. V-max under MOA also.

I'm very pleased !

Last edited by Sheridan; 10-10-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

That sounds incredibly hard to believe. I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that it's hard to believe.
I own a Tikka T3 Lite in 30-06 and the bolt is slick and the rifle is accurate. Also being a one time Beretta representative, I know for a fact that each rifle that leaves the factory is test fired to verify it will meet the company's 3 shots in an inch guarantee. If it doesn't it doesn't leave the factory. So it sounds to me like something is amiss with your story.
Heck - I just saw this post is 6 years old!!!

Last edited by bronko22000; 10-10-2016 at 06:34 PM.