Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

gun safe

Old 07-10-2003, 09:45 PM

Default gun safe

what is a good gun safe at a resonable price for about 5 rifles
Old 07-10-2003, 10:15 PM

Default RE: gun safe

I can reccomend 2 safe makeing companies, but I' m not sure on the prices. Liberty safes is one company and also Browning. I own a liberty safe, and sell brownings
Old 07-11-2003, 12:06 AM

Liberty Safes - www.libertysafe.com

Browning - http://www.browning.com/products/cat...afes/index.asp

I' d have to agree, those are both good, industry-standard type safes.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

How much are you looking to invest in one? There are a lot of safe companies out there with a lot of different prices. I just recently bought a safe and after shopping around i narrowed my two choices to Sentry and Canon and ended up buying the Canon because the price was what i was looking for and it' s a nice safe for the money. The brownings and others are nice but the price was more than i could handle right now. I paid $800 for the Canon and it holds up to 22 guns. Cabelas carries the Sentry safes and i have a friend who has one of those and it is nice also, they go from $475 and up. Cabelas also carries stack-on safes that are cheaper than the others mentioned. Like i said there are a lot out there just shop around and i' m sure you' ll find what you' re looking for and in your price range.

http://www.deansafe.com/cannon/FB22.html

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...005602ii01.jpg

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ainCatcat20712
Old 07-11-2003, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

huntforlife, You mentioned a safe for 5 guns. I would recommend getting a safe bigger for future purchases.Plus you can put other valuables in them. There are several different makes and model to choose from.I have a old ProSteel who I believe makes safes for Browning.I was a Bass Pro in South Florida. They had a Redhead safe reg 799.00 on sale for 599.00. It was about a 23 gun model.Shop around. There are allot of good buys out there for those who search for them.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 07-12-2003, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are no " good" gunsafes at a reasonable price. If you want one with a combination lock and that is fire & heat resistant, be prepared to sacrifice your next gun acquisition to pay for it!!
Old 07-12-2003, 10:57 PM

Thanks for the replys I just brought a new house and I was trying to save money somewhere but I guess I will have to cut corners somewhere else I would have wound up spending double the money anyway because I would have brought someting cheap got tired of it in a month or so and would have brought another one for $600-$700 dollars
Old 07-13-2003, 01:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I own a Fort Knox 22 gun safe and I have really been satisfied with it, Like stated earlier don' t get just a 5 gun safe, spend just a little more and get a bigger one. Look in any outdoor magazine and about all the companies that sell safes are listed there {usually in the back of the magazine} with their 800 number, and the most of them will throw in a de-humidifier rod at no extra cost. A good safe is one of the best investment a gun owner can have IMO.