Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Simmons Optics warranty sucks >

Simmons Optics warranty sucks

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Simmons Optics warranty sucks

Old 07-09-2003, 08:09 AM

Default Simmons Optics warranty sucks

I' ve got a Simmons scope that had the screw from the power adjustment ring fall out. I' ve called Simmons twice today and they refuse to sell me a $.10 screw. They insist that I pay to ship the scope to them as well as include a $10.00 check for their " handling fee" . I was told " oh no sir, we' ll take care of that under warranty" , but only after I pay at least $15.00 to $20.00 in shipping and handling fees! I told them I' d just throw the scope in the trash and make sure everyone knows how they want to screw the consumer.

Sorry, but I had to rant to someone.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:58 AM

Default RE: Simmons Optics warranty sucks

I already knew how Simmons were. I would never buy a simmons scope. I have heard a lot of bad reports on them ,and this one just adds to the collecton
Old 07-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

I just bought one of their pieces of S---,called a scope,I knew it couldn' t have been much when I did because it was so cheap but thought it would be ok just to shoot dots at 100 and 200 yds,heck it is so blurred at 200 you see 2 dots.100 yds works ok though,but not very clear.
I have older simmons scope that has worked great for years ,thats why I took a chance on this one. was talking to one fellow that said when ,I believe he said Blunt bought them out and they went to pot.I guess he is right.
Don' t believe I will be fool enough to buy another one.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

That' s why I buy Leupold' s.The early Redfield' s had a great warranty and that' s all I use to buy.I have one Simmon' s that I bought with a rifle. It hasn' t been used much so I can' t say one way or the other about it. It' s one of the better Simmon' s(44mag).My hunting partner has a Simmon' s. The crosshairs fell out of position. They did repair the scope.That doesn' t help much when it happens in the beginning of the season.
Ruger Redhawk
Old 07-09-2003, 05:48 PM

Simmons scopes are like their warranty in our shop we will not even order one for a customer. I stand behind what we sell and we can not do that with Simmons. They are the only scope co. that I know of that has so many scopes returned that co. like Cheeper Then Dirt can offer reconditioned Simmons scopes for half price. That old saying " you get what you pay for" does not apply here, none of you guys want to pay good money for junk.