Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Thompson Center Pro Hunter, scope mount base ??? >

Thompson Center Pro Hunter, scope mount base ???

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Thompson Center Pro Hunter, scope mount base ???

Old 11-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Spike

Question Thompson Center Pro Hunter, scope mount base ???

I have a Thompson Center Pro Hunter

I have the Leupold scope base and rings on the black powder barrel, the bottom of the scope base makes contact with the barrel the complete length of the base.

Today I purchased the rem 7mm mag barrel for it and the Leupold scope base DOES NOT have full contact the compete length of the base to the barrel. About 1/3 of the base towards the muzzle is not making flush contact with the barrel,, the reason is the barrel is taper downward.

This is a one piece base and has 4 screws attaching it to the barrel in the back half of the base.

I'm wondering if this is the correct base, Leupold #54798, and if it is going to work.

Thanks!!!
Larry
Old 11-29-2009, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

I just mounted my 270 barrel with a weaver style one piece base and have the same situation. Gun sighted in ok and point of impact hasn't changed in over 25 rounds.If it bothers you get the tc 2 piece bases and swap her out . I see no problems in mine as of yet.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Spike

I own an H&R .308 that has the same downward taper as your barrel, I also have a gap towards the front of the base, but it's ground checked plenty of deer so, I'd say it's not causing any problems. I am like you though it does bother me!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default 270 bullets

sorry fubared in wrong spot

Last edited by nysmoker; 11-29-2009 at 07:26 AM.