Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Will Lesser Ammo Prices Ever Return >

Will Lesser Ammo Prices Ever Return

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Will Lesser Ammo Prices Ever Return

Old 08-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Will Lesser Ammo Prices Ever Return

Of course, the market has seen an increase in lead and copper prices, but will over-all cartridge prices ever come down. Will we ever see much reloading, and a corresponding decrease in prices?

Or are ammo prices part of the new "country club" atmosphere, of increased bullet, cartridge and ammo prices into the foreseeable future?
Old 08-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Spike

what you see is what we got and it will only go up
Old 08-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

I doubt the prices will go down. I have been trying to find a few boxes of Hornady 140 grain BTSP since January and even the Bass Pro Shop hasn't had any. The Wal Marts around here have been understocked with all ammunition.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think another reason is people are buying as fast as they can,supply and demand.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:46 AM

Once people stop buying it in such quantity it will go down somewhat. Back to what it used to be? I doubt it.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

I hope they do. If prices don't come down over the long term, I'll most likely find a less expensive hobby. It would cost me about $60 to shoot a round of sporting clays with Wal-mart 100-round value ammo. As much as I enjoy shooting, I'm not going to spend $300+ a month to enjoy the sport in order to have some fun.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by warpig602
Once people stop buying it in such quantity it will go down somewhat. Back to what it used to be? I doubt it.
The panic buying (justified or not) has shown the ammo companies how much people will pay. Gas prices came back down, but not to what they were. The panic buyers did this to all of us.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Spike

I don't think they will ever come down much because people are a little panicky over that new guy in the White House plus the military is buying up huge quantities of ammo that is being used over there. So when you get down to it fear+war eating up ammo components= high prices for a while anyway.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you were in the ammo selling business would you sell it for less unless you had to?

Tom
Old 08-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Prices will eventually come down. Commodity prices have decreased since last year.

However, it will not happen until the consumer stops hoarding and panicking. It's now demand that's keeping the market tight, and prices high.

Same thing happened in 1993 when Clinton was elected. Rational markets prevailed, and they will again. When? Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

The President has realized that his far left agenda went too far with health care, and rational Americans fought back... hopefully he "get's it" and keeps away from trashing the Second Amendment...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.