Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Mossberg 835 or 935?? >

Mossberg 835 or 935??

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Mossberg 835 or 935??

Old 06-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Spike

Default Mossberg 835 or 935??

I have been looking at the Mossberg 835 ultimag and Mossberg 935 ultimag and can't decide which one. Anybody have opinions on either gun? Looking to hunt Turkey, Deer and Rabbits, so need to beable to shoot both small and large shells.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Spike

I've got the 835 which I break out from time to time. I personally like the gun, got a great deal on it and certainly don't regret it. Kind of just depends on whether you want the ability to shoot 2 3/4" shells and if you have a preference for pump or semiauto.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Spike

I will want to hunt rabbits with it so yes I will want to beable to shoot a Low brass 2 3/4" shell. I have an 11-87 in super magnum and it has trouble shooting low brass bcuz it is built for a bigger shell. Does Mossberg have this problem or do I just need to go with the 835 pump??
Old 06-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Spike

I don't have any experience with the 935 but you're going to have jamming issues with the majority of autoloaders when you try to shoot smaller shells because they just don't have the energy to cycle the gun properly. From what I've seen, some people are able to find a brand of ammo that the gun will be able to cycle without issues but you may or may not be able to find that magical brand your gun likes. I would just go with the pump since you know it'll work. Wouldn't want to spend the money and find out you can't use the gun for half of what you want to do with it.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own the 835 for 15 yrs it's one of two turkey only shotguns, and it's great for turkey, waterfowel, the 935 is the same gun just a semi-auto, they made some improvements and I hear from others they like them. I had the rifled/cantilever barrel for the 835 didn't like how it shouldered with a scope, sold that barrel