Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 MOSSBERG Model 935 Magnum Turky/Deer COMBO >

MOSSBERG Model 935 Magnum Turky/Deer COMBO

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

MOSSBERG Model 935 Magnum Turky/Deer COMBO

Old 04-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default MOSSBERG Model 935 Magnum Turky/Deer COMBO

Hey Guys. Im on the Market for a new Shotgun. I would like it mostly for Turky and Deer so this combo is actually perfect. I would like to know your opinions. this combo with the two different barrels comes to around $800. so that is pretty much my budget. please let me know what you think of this gun.
Thanx
Old 04-17-2009, 03:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: MOSSBERG Model 935 Magnum Turky/Deer COMBO

If you can find one in stock, you can do better than $800. The first search I did was $617..
http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=G82210...Out Of Stock.Have you ever shot the 3.5" 12 ga. before?
Old 04-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

no i havent... why? does it kick real hard? if so.. i dont really care. i can take it .. besdies how many shots will i take with it in the field...
Old 04-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: RuLzU

no i havent... why? does it kick real hard? if so.. i dont really care. i can take it .. besdies how many shots will i take with it in the field...
OH to be young again, lol. My brother has the 835 pump and yes the 3.5" have a good kick. I guess if you don't plan on shooting (other than hunting) or sighting it in you'll be fine. I say go for it, I have the 500 trophy sluggster and the 3" is more than I want. Being an Autoloader it won't be as bad as a pump..
Old 04-17-2009, 05:54 PM

The Mossberg 935is an excellent shotgun, we probably sell more 935's for turkey than any other shotgun. We have had nothing but favorable crosstalk concerning these guns.
I will say that.... $800... damn, I hope lube comes with that! hehehe
While I do not want to interject dealer pricing... $800 is about a $100too much coinage for a 935 Combo!
Yes... you can do better, with the price that is, much better.
Hey, check out the 935 Magnum Turkey p/n 82540. Pretty cool... or??
Try to find a 935 combo p/n 82210in the $670 or so range, plus tax and shipping of course.
Good Luck-
Old 04-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. the price is what i got off of the MSRP on the mossberg website. i didnt contact my local shop yet. just getting ideas.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

guys.. stupid question.. but incase i wanted to i could use a 2 3/4 shot shell in these 3 1/2 shotgun cant i?
thanks
Old 04-18-2009, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RuLzU

guys.. stupid question.. but incase i wanted to i could use a 2 3/4 shot shell in these 3 1/2 shotgun cant i?
thanks
Yes you can use anything from 2 3/4 - 3 1/2.
You'll love the gun.

I almost bought one when they first came out, but I wanted a Waterfowl/Deer combo and couldn't find one.

Instead, I kept going back to handle the Benelli ~ SBE and decided to piss my wife off and buy the more expensive gun[8D]
Unfortunately, I found out that the rifled slug barrel is the same price as my right arm[:@]
So I bought a Hastings Rifled choke and a pair of tru-glo sights, with not so desirable results.

You see, I'm getting older and my eye sight isn't what it used to be, so now I'm looking to put a scope and barrel my shot-gun.

Oh-well - now I use the SBE for upland game and waterfowl and still need to do something about deer?[X(]
Until I decide to part with some big dollars I'll continue to use the muzzle loader
Old 04-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, $900 for a Mossberg combo package seems way high to me. When I want to get a good feel for the "street price" of a particular gun, I usually go to both Gallery of Guns and Gunbroker. Both will give you a good feel for how much the gun should cost. MSRP is just that, "suggested" retail. The dealer cost is roughly 25-40% less than MSRP, and most dealers mark up 10-25% above their cost. Gunbroker.com and galleryofguns.com will give you what you will actually pay for the gun. Galley of Guns "Gun Genie" allows you to find the actual gun you want, and if it's in stock at Davidson's (which is a gun distributor and the ones who run the Galley of Guns website), you can put in your zip code and it will give you the actual prices for your local dealers and allow you to buy online (though you still have to pick it up and pay the balance at your chosen local dealer's shop). Gunbroker is like Ebay for guns, obviously minus Ebay's VERY anti-gun attitude. I'd strongly suggest checking there as well. I know that it's good to "support the local dealer", but it is possible to find some very good deals there, and frankly, I'm not going to spend a lot more money just to support a local dealer if he's ripping me off. I bought my most recent rifle and a Rock River Arms lower from dealers selling on gunbroker, and both transactions went smoothly and easily, and I got very good deals.

And, yes, it will most certainly function perfectly with any shell 3.5" and shorter, so 2.75" shells will work great. This issue is only really a concern with semi-auto shotguns, since they must be adjusted to cycle correctly with the maximum powered 3" or 3.5" shells without damaging the action, sometimes they won't cycle lower powered 2.75" shells well or at all. Pump guns are "arm powered", so they don't care what shells they feed (usually).

Mike