Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Best Pellet Gun Single Cock Rifle >

Best Pellet Gun Single Cock Rifle

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best Pellet Gun Single Cock Rifle

Old 01-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Best Pellet Gun Single Cock Rifle

I am loking for another pellet gun, 1000 fps. single cock. Gamo plastic stock 1000 fps. Beeman, wood stock 1000 fps. both are scoped. Both are about the same price, $130.00. Anyone have any experence with either?
Old 01-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best Pellet Gun Single Cock Rifle

I bought a Gamo Nitro last year. I had it for a couple days when I noticed the scope was sliding back on it. I tightened it, and it still slid back. Finally I took it to the store where I got it to ask them about it. After looking at it they said that it was missing a screw to stop the scope from sliding. Satisfied I took the gun home again and took it out to do some shooting. I sighted it in and got about 15 shots through it before the pump broke. Something broke with the seal and it wouldn't pump any air, which meant it wouldn't shoot. I then took it back and got a Crossman Quest. the crossman costs about $100, so it is a bit cheaper than the Gamo. I have since put around 1000 shots through it and it has worked great. It also seems more powerful than the Gamo. I did upgrade the scope because the original seemed to lose accuracy somewhat with time. With the new scope it is very accurate but because it shoots so fast, you need to get some decent pellets. When I just screw around shooting at targets, I use cheap pellets, which are not very accurate, but for hunting the PBA pellets I found to be very accurate. Before you write off the Gamo, I have a friend who also has the Gamo Nitro, and it has been working for him, so it may have just been bad luck with the gun that I had. Go to a website like cabelas or something and read the reviews that they have. Good luck.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Spike

Falcon, funny you should ask: I've got two other brothers and years ago, the three ofof us decided to buy "break barrel" air guns. Naturally, we all chose different MFG's and Calibers. One went with the Gammo 440 hunter in .22 cal, the other went with the Beeman R1 in .20 cal. I went for a BSA supersport in .22 cal. All three of ours are wood stock and go from 850-1000fps. We've been pleased with each as they are all very different from each other in feel. No mechanical problems with any and we all put scopes on them. I think Gammo was bought out, Beeman isat most stores and the BSA was imported by a distributor on the east coast when I bought mine. All have beeen are fun for plinking and varminting. Hope this helps.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:13 AM
DM

ORIGINAL: White Falcon

I am loking for another pellet gun, 1000 fps. single cock. Gamo plastic stock 1000 fps. Beeman, wood stock 1000 fps. both are scoped. Both are about the same price, $130.00. Anyone have any experence with either?
$130.00 isn't a lot of money to spend on a pellet rifle these days, are they used models?

I have Gamo and RWS, my brother has Beeman. His beemans are higher quality than my Gamo, but i have no idea if that would hold true with the models you are looking at.

DM
Old 01-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Typical Buck

WF, try looking up the RWS pellet rifles. they are made in Germany and are quality made. good luck.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Bass pro and Wallie World have both guns for $130.00 to $140.00. My last good pellet gun was a Crosman I got back in 1959. That was a great gun until it was sold by my X-Wife. I have had two Daiseys, both crap.