Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 I will not buy a Cooper Rifle! >

I will not buy a Cooper Rifle!

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

I will not buy a Cooper Rifle!

Old 12-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I will not buy a Cooper Rifle!

While I redily admit coopers are among the very best factory/semi-custom decent size company rifles on the market-there MUST be accountability on people whom contribute to the anti-gunner crowd,and we MUST stick together-otherwise how would s&w have caught the hint when they sucked up to klinton? IF I had cooper rifles,I would keep what I already had,but buy no more until dan cooper is completely out of the picture. Rifles already owned does nothing 1 way or the other,same as used cars or whatever. What he did is UNFORGIVABLE! It only makes sense he should be accountable by everyone until he pulls out of company,or pulls his head out of you know where.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:54 AM
DM

You need to think about it do you want to lose out on a very good rifle just because of what one man did. And buy not buying a cooper rifleyou willbe doing what Obama would like to see happen and there is no way I would ever do what Obama would want.
You need to think this back over.
That "one man" is making his money off Cooper, (perhaps MY money) so he's NOT just "one man".

I did think it over, and i spent my Cooper money on "another" brand. That's what i'm going to do next time too!

DM
Old 12-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

I feel the same way as all of you, but see I live in Montana and I know some of the people that work at Cooper Firearms and they do not support what Dan Cooper did and they have tried to get Dan to sale his part of the company and to me he needs to. Dan does not do anything anymore but he still owns most of the company. The Governor of Montana has even told Dan to sale his part of the company.
What I think is going on and this is from what my Friends have been told at Cooper Firearms is Dan Cooper is holding on to see what Obama does. And they have heard through the grape vine that Dan all ready regrets supporting Obama.
I have friends that work at Cooper Firearms and they do not support Obama or support what Dan cooper did, but to me I need to support my friends and their jobs and their families. So yes I will still buy Cooper rifles. And just hope Dan sales his part of the company. And I do not wish to see another gun company go under, all that will do is make Obama happy.

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/20081031/a_cooper31.art.htm
Old 12-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I'm sure that means very little to our Dem gun lovers....haha.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

The way I see it is as long as he's still owner/major stockholder-boycott their butt until they MAKE him sell his part-THAT'S our possible leverage and you're giving it away along with the others that's still loyal customers. How do you think we got S & W to fire the 1s responsible for kissing komrade klinton's butt?????
Old 12-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a feeling that mr Cooper has the belief that Obama or any other gun grabber is never going to go after hunting rifles, so its safe for him to support Obama.

Bill Ruger vocally supported the AWB. He did it as a business decision- cheap imported AKs and SKS were better rifles than his Mini-14, which was the bread and butter of his rifle sales. I can almost understand his logic. Dan Cooper is just a moron for supporting the biggest gun banner elected to the Presidency, and an even bigger moron to think that he can fool the gun-buying public. Bill is dead and gone, but I still won't buy a Ruger anything, there's no chance that I'll ever buy a Cooper.

With freedoms come responsibilities- that includes the responsibilities that come with free speach.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan cooper is NEVER going to sell his part as long as people keep buying coopers. ONLY when hit in the green belt will he EVER evenTHINK about selling the stock in HIS company!
Old 12-13-2008, 08:42 PM

Just buy double the number of rifles from another manufacturer. That is what I am going to do, no more Coopers for me.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's just unbelieveable that Dan Cooper could even THINK that his actions would go unnoticed by the gun crowd. What was he possibly thinking?? Memory loss about the S&W fracas some years ago, or what?? He's in the business of manufacturing and selling a top-end product to a very select crowd, and turns around and pulls a stunt like that. Could be the kiss of death for Cooper Rifles.
As long as he's even remotely involved with the company, I know I'm certainly not gonna be shopping there.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:58 AM

He has a son that was VP in the company. Don't know if he has taken the reigns or not.

Quick Reply: I will not buy a Cooper Rifle!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.