Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 WHICH RECOIL PAD TO TAME RECOIL >

WHICH RECOIL PAD TO TAME RECOIL

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

WHICH RECOIL PAD TO TAME RECOIL

Old 09-09-2008, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default WHICH RECOIL PAD TO TAME RECOIL

I want to tame the recoil on my rifle and was considering 2 different pads
KICK-EEZ
LIMBSAVER
would like to here why guys have to say about which thy think was the better pad to reduce recoil
my cal. lightweight 30-06 22" barrel 6 1/2 lbs
Isee they have a few that state pre-fit or ones you have to install and grind to fit.I have no problem with fitting I done a few in the last 40 years[/align]
Old 09-09-2008, 07:40 AM

Default RE: WHICH RECOIL PAD TO TAME RECOIL

The Limbsaver that I have has taken most of the sting out of a lightweight composite stock 7MM Mag Savage.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have two 30.06's. The first was my fathers that he got in1971.It never came with a recoil pad and it was bearable to shoot, butI chose to shoot other rifles for the simplefact that i could shoot tons more without worrying about getting tired of therecoil after 2 boxes. ThoughI loved the rifle and had noproblems with it, I wanted to get a stainless steel one with the composite stock for adverse weather conditions. WhenI purchased the SPS Stainless, it came with a R3 (Simms) recoil pad. I thought nothing of it until i shot the rifle for the first time and couldnt believe how much more pleasant it was. Not that the older, non-padded rifle was bad by any means, but this new one with the pad was absolutely pleasant and I could fire as many rounds as my wallet would let me without everfeeling the slightest bit ofdiscomfort. I then bought a B&C medalist stock that came with the Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad. The rifleseemed to have a little less "kick" butI attributed it to the increase in weight with the new stock, but otherwise felt very similar in terms of recoil, just better grouping at the range.To be honest, I dont think i could tell a difference in the two pads if they were on the same stock and fired back to back. Both work remarkably well and I wouldnt hesitate to purchase either brand again. I tell you what though, if the next 30 cal or larger rifle i buy doesnt come with a pad, onewill be on its way in the mail within 5 min of the rifle purchase
Old 09-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

My weatherby came with a pachmayr, which I love and works great.

Just bought a Limbsaver recoil pad for my Abolt, pachmayr no longer makes a version for my abolt.

Looked at the kickeez, and looked cheap looking to me. Will update when it arrives...

The pre-fit are suppose to be within .050" so if they make one, I'd just go that route, I did.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

The only rifle I have that has a recoil pad of any use is my 1895 Guide gun. The rest have a solid rubber, plastic or metaly butt plate.
I don't worry too much about recoil while hunting. But shooting the bigger bores off the bench I have a slip on Limbsaver recoil pad that absorbs quite a bit of the recoil.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a limbsaver and it's awesome!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Limbsaver
Old 09-10-2008, 05:28 AM

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

Just bought a Limbsaver recoil pad for my Abolt, pachmayr no longer makes a version for my abolt.

Looked at the kickeez, and looked cheap looking to me. Will update when it arrives...

The pre-fit are suppose to be within .050" so if they make one, I'd just go that route, I did.

Ignore saw its listed by model on basspro.com
Old 09-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just checked, all I found was 1 slip on.

I was speaking to my exact pad, browning abolt wood.

Talked directly with pachmayr and this model has been discontinued and no longer available.

ORIGINAL: bigwilly11189

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

Ignore saw its listed by model on basspro.com
Old 09-11-2008, 01:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

limbsaver hands down

Quick Reply: WHICH RECOIL PAD TO TAME RECOIL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.