Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 A Call to Arms! >

A Call to Arms!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

A Call to Arms!

Old 07-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default A Call to Arms!

In the reading of a few threads about the recent Second Amendment victory in the Supreme Court and the Presidential Primary season of the past few months, I feel that it is time to call ALL American Patriots to arms!
First, I must say that I am NOT the "paranoid, the end is near," type!
I DO believe in America and "ONE nation under GOD!"
In the last couple of presidential elections, gun owners have been one of the major keys to success! However, fighting a liberal media and a faultering economy, puts us in an up-hill battle in a crucial election in our nations history!
Some of the things that I see happening are:
#1. Due to some poor decisions, economic cycles and LOTS of liberal press, we have shifted focus from "national security" to the "economy!"
We have no "economy," IF our national security is compromised!
#2. We have not really "won" a war since WWII!
NOT because our troops, weapons or leadership are not good enough! But because of allowing the liberal media and U.N. to dictate how the wars are fought!
#3. Because of the above, "P.C. diplomacy," Americans are looking for "change," EVEN, if we don't know what EXACTLY what the "change" really is!

Some of the issues that really scare me are:
#1. As stated, IMPORTANT, long term issues are being brushed aside for temporary fixes!
#2. National Security and the Second Amendment are being down-played by the media!
#3. With the VERY narrow Supreme Court victory of our Second Amendment rights, I see some complacency setting in!
A 5-4 victory is hardly what I'd call a "mandate!" It SHOULD be 9-0!
I'd settle for 8-1 or even 7-2!
OUR FREEDOMS could have just as easily been lost 5-4!
#4. When I read "they will never outlaw hunting" or " they will never take our guns away from us!" Friends, that scares the HELL out of me!
Will we really fight? Or, will we roll over as other countries have done?
IF, we fight, WE will not win! Sorry folks NO ONE except our enemies will win!
BUT, before you crucify me, consider this:
Most of the world hates America! They tolerate us because of:
#1. We protect them.
#2. We support them.
#3. They fear us!
#4. IF we as AMERICANS,
(especially) IF we as HUNTERS,
(especially) IF we as GUN OWNERS,
DO NOT keep our national security, soverenty AND our SECOND AMENDMENT rights intact, We DOOM our NATION'S FUTURE!
Because:
It-DOES-NOT-MATTER! IF the Second Amendment is lost, wether we fight, win or lose, against our own government, our true enemies will seize the opportunity to distroy ALL of America!
YES, I WILL fight to the END! I'd rather do it with my ballot, than with my bullets!
Freedom of choice, freedom of speech and freedom in general, rests only on the freedom to bear arms!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Spike

Default RE: A Call to Arms!

JagMagMan,
You are very right when it comes to this not being a mandate. The court did affirm that the Second Amendment was an individual right, but it only really struck down the DC gun ban and the mandated use of trigger locks. It went on to say that theregistration and gun rationing schemes are OK. We now have to spend years going across the country to try to fight every other gun ban, starting with San Fran and Chicago. It will be an expensive and long term fight to repeal these unconstitutional laws. And to add to it, the next President could change the leanings of the Supreme Court with an appointment of a liberal judge. We must not let this happen, or what we have gained may disappear with the next ruling of the Supreme Court on a Second Amendment case, perhapson the Chicago gun ban when it works its way through the courts.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

[/b]#2. We have not really "won" a war since WWII!
[b]NOT because our troops, weapons or leadership are not good enough! But because of allowing the liberal media and U.N. to dictate how the wars are fought!
Well...technically we haven't really fought a "WAR" since World War II.... we call them wars... but they are really armed conflicts, operations, occupations etc etc. Not that it undermines the job, purpose or importance.... but you cannot win a war if you are not fighting one.

You know... the US hasn't won a Civil War since the 1860s...... and everyone around here thinks they haven't lost yet....
Old 07-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMO, the only real change the very left-wing Obama is advocating is a return to the failed tax & spend approach used by the liberals before Ronald Reagan saved the country the last time. The results of such actions is a run-away inflationary spiral that is ruinous in the long run. That, and the kind of gun control Hillary & Bill only dreamed about.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey JAG didn't know you were back,Welcome home and good to hear from you.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

JagMagMan,You are absolutly right,I have been trying to tell everyone i know and they just tell me that i am parinoid.Everyone just wants to fall in like sheep.Its our turn to be the wolf and stand up and fight for what we believe inand keep what is rightfully ours(our rights provided by the constitution)!!
Old 07-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

jag...lets just hunt ok? politics makes fools of us all!
Old 07-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: heeze gutshot shortee

jag...lets just hunt ok? politics makes fools of us all!
I don't consider jagman to be a fool. In fact I consider him a hero already! He is prepared and ready to fight a good fight. He is doing his best to get the word out there and let people know how he feels. Right or wrong(and he's right) he's willing to tell it how he's sees it, and will do his best to fight off what he feels is evIl and bad for this country. I'd call him a true American in every aspect!

KEEP IT UP JAGMAN!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: JagMagMan

[/b]#2. We have not really "won" a war since WWII!
NOT because our troops, weapons or leadership are not good enough! But because of allowing the liberal media and U.N. to dictate how the wars are fought!

Well...technically we haven't really fought a "WAR" since World War II.... we call them wars... but they are really armed conflicts, operations, occupations etc etc. Not that it undermines the job, purpose or importance.... but you cannot win a war if you are not fighting one.

You know... the US hasn't won a Civil War since the 1860s...... and everyone around here thinks they haven't lost yet....

We won WWI and WWII. SwampCollie, we've been fighting a war since about 6,000 years or so ago.