Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Kick-eez Vs Limb Saver Recoil Pad >

Kick-eez Vs Limb Saver Recoil Pad

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Kick-eez Vs Limb Saver Recoil Pad

Old 05-19-2008, 03:13 PM

Default Kick-eez Vs Limb Saver Recoil Pad

I was watching a show on Wild TV it was called Explorers Big Game Journal and they show how theses Kick eez recoil pads are better then other recoil pads and i was watching a show cant remember the name but they were showing how theses sims recoil pads were better. Which One do you think is better??
Old 05-19-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Kick-eez Vs Limb Saver Recoil Pad

Never heard of Kick eez but I have used the Sims and they work great. I have one on my 7mm RUM and it really takes the sharpness out of the recoil. I give Sims a big thumbs up!!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've only used pachmyar, and I love it. I think any premium recoil pad will help, not sure one really is "A LOT" better than another.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

IN softness of material with 1 being the softest

[ol][*]KickEeze[*]Limbsaver[*]Decelerator[/ol]
I think the Decelerator design will hold up better when the gun is being stored then either of the other 2. The limbsaver dampens recoil well as does the kickeeze but when mounting a gun there can be such a thing as a too soft pad.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear that most gun smiths prefer the decelerator. I know mine does. Why is that?

Tom
Old 05-20-2008, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I hear that most gun smiths prefer the decelerator. I know mine does. Why is that?
ease of installation..It is tough to put a really smooth finish on the softer pads and the kickeeze can actually tear up if not done right. I know that the sims pad at least in the early stages worked best if it was frozen before sanding.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I called the smith and he also claims tha the decelerator is made of a better material. Blowing smoke?

Tom
Old 05-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I called the smith and he also claims tha the decelerator is made of a better material. Blowing smoke?
It's made of a harder rubber is the plain fact. I brought a sims pad to my gunsmith to put on a M70 and he told me what a PITA they were because they didn't look crisp and clean after being run thru the sander unless they were cold. I notice the difference between a Sims pad and the decelerator
Old 05-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Remington uses the Limbsaver (branded as the R3). I recently installed one on my 700 BDL 7mm Mag. Haven't shot it yet, but, it's got to be better than the 20 year old rock hard recoil pad that it had before...
Old 05-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have installed plenty of Sims and Decelerators and to be honest I don't find that the Sims are any more dificult to do than the deceleraors. The Sims definetly work better atreducing felt recoil.

The Kick-eze are dificult to get a nice finish on because of thecomposition of the rubber and they are the messiest to grind. Rubber gets absolutely every where.

Quick Reply: Kick-eez Vs Limb Saver Recoil Pad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.