Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Gun Mount Laser? >

Gun Mount Laser?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun Mount Laser?

Old 05-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default Gun Mount Laser?

Anybody ever use this one or anything similar? Looking to mount it on an ar-15. I don't want to spend alot, $50-75.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12617

I think I'm turning into a mall ninja.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:01 PM

Default RE: Gun Mount Laser?

I don't see any way to adjust it, not saying you can't I just don't see it. There are several decent laser sights on the market, and most really are not that expensive compared to what they used to be.

What are you wanting to do with it that you need a laser sight? Most states they are illegal to hunt with, and the ones I have used don't work that well in sunlight or bright flourescent lighting. They work good for what they were designed for, shooting people in the dark at close ranges.

Paul
Old 05-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

only laser I've used was on a 9mm pistol, and came to hate it rather quickly! To use it just totally changed the way I shoot, you're looking at a laser dot and trying to move that dot by moving the pistol, rather than aiming the rifle on the target.....

AR15 is different from a 9mm, but if I were going to put anything on a pistol, it would be a light, not a laser. Not sure I'd want a laswer on a AR15 either for the same reason.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

Dang it Paul, using a logic and common sense. I just wanted an ar-15 with a laser mostly just because then I could say, "I have an AR-15 with a red dot scope and it shoots laser beams."

Good points. I thought it might be fun to plink with and who knows when it might be needed. Probably not very PC to defend yourself with 30 rds and a laser beam. I aready have a red dot on it that enables me to still use my irons. It was just a thought and for $50, I might still try it.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:38 PM

If you just want to play you can get them cheaper than 50 bucks. Closer to like 20-30 if you look around. Cabela's has a few.

I honestly would opt for a quality red dot over a laser, unless it was something I planned on shooting from the hip or something.

Paul
Old 05-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Typical Buck

I've got a tru-glo red dot on it. Not high quality my any means, but plenty accurate for plinking and fun.