Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 North American Hunting Club ? >

North American Hunting Club ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

North American Hunting Club ?

Old 04-17-2008, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default North American Hunting Club ?

Who are these guys? I just got a "You are nominated to be a member" mailer and looks pretty shady.

Anybody know what they are all about?

Tom
Old 04-17-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: North American Hunting Club ?

save your money. I am a member of it. not worth it in my mind.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:05 AM

They are legit. I am a lifetime member.I would just checkout the info and decide for yourself, there aresome good things about the club.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:58 AM

They are kind of a glorified BuckMasters. I was a member for a couple of years .... about 15 years ago. It was nothing special. They are a bit more deversified in the kind of game hunted in their magazine. The also have something they tout where you get selected to try out products and you get to keep what ever you are asked to try out. All you have to do is write up a review of the product and your experience. In two years, I was never selected to try anything...

As far as anything else goes.... It is like most, they claim to have benefits, but it is stuff you'll never see. What you basically are doing is buying a magazine subscription.... If you think you want the mag.... then go ahead... If another so-so magazine is the last thing you need, then I would pass.

God Bless

MET
Old 04-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only reason I kept getting that magazine for many many years was because of Jim Shockeys "Shock Therapy" on the last page of the magazine. It was a good read, but I haven't gotten the mag in a year or two now, and I don't think I'm missing out.

I also never got a chance to try out any products and write a review. I once set them a magazine article on goose hunting (they published one and it was a joke), I included high quality pictures, how-tos, etc. I never heard back from them. Left a sour taste in my mouth.[:'(]
Old 04-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I hadn't become a Life Member many years ago, I wouldn't bother with it anymore. The monthly mag is decent, and has some good coverage of various items/topics. I have been selected to try this and that for them, but it was always some offbeat thing that I would never own anyhow.
They're not a rip-off outfit, just basically a magazine with a few perks. I did buy some health insurance through them, but probably could have got it at the same rate locally, but never checked. Do what you want.............
Old 04-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a Life Member of NAHC, and think it is a good all around club, but the web site is slow and has a few technical problems. Good luck.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

It's a good magazine and website, but it's not worth paying any extra $ for any type of membership.

They also have a North American Fisherman magazine and membership. I signed up as a tester to get free products. They sent me like a fishing hook to try out. Great, I really racked up the products.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any time I get stuff like that in the mail I usually throw it out. Figured I'd ask. The mailer was incredibly sketchy with "exclusive" this and "nominated" that. How in the h_ll do you get nominated to pay a subscription.

I filed it away in the trash.

Tom
Old 04-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rammer

I once set them a magazine article on goose hunting (they published one and it was a joke), I included high quality pictures, how-tos, etc. I never heard back from them. Left a sour taste in my mouth.[:'(]
Man that is shocking... most magazines will jump at the chance to print a well written, correctly advised article, especially with pictures to boot. Hell, I've got one in the Sportsman's Magazine this month. I've found that writing is more constructive than my recreational meth usage, and every now and again I'll get a freebie or a hunt out of it.

Of course, you can't expect to be published in F&S or OL, they get 1000s of freelancers a month I'd suspect.

Quick Reply: North American Hunting Club ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.