Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning  X bolt >

Browning X bolt

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning X bolt

Old 04-15-2008, 03:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Browning X bolt

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Hey,I said they made some real good improvements to the rifle itself.I just think that the stock looks terrible. i think that the T3 hunter looks better than the Xbolt does. All synthetics are ugly IMO, although functional.

That line coming from the grip and disappearing into the butt is UGLY as it the aluminum that surrounds the magazine and comes up into the the side fo the stock. I can deal with the semi beaver tail styled forend.The forend needs to be an inch longer and the checkering in the wrist is too low and needs to come up higher. Although the recoil padis a good improvement as far as function goes its fit to the stockis terrible and the mold lines are still visible in the rubber.

Yeah but it does have a gold trigger.......................................:eek :...........LOL
Old 04-15-2008, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looking at Brownings website, IMO they went back a step or two in the looks department. The synthetic stock reminds me of the Remington SPS stock. As long as it functions and shoots well thats all that matters.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bigbulls, that Eurotrash stock has some lines I don't like but feels like a fine shotgun in my hands. Pointability is big + for me and this rifle excels in that area. It is not a bold statement to say it is the best rifle in its price group. Show me something better that sells in the mid 600 range that is as mechanically well designed and has the fit and finish. This thing is better made then a Kimber 84M I bought, no comparison.

The Gold plated trigger is a plus...

I like it over my composite Abolt in 25-06 although it is not so shabby either.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:44 PM

From the pics of the rifle, I didn't like it when I first seen it. Then I handled acouple and now it's on the top of my list. I don't need another rifle, but I am going to buy one.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:37 PM

I plan on buying the first stainless stalker I see in .270.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Dominant Buck

The picture doesn't totally turn me off.I would have to hold one and operate the action before I would know if I liked it or not.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think its a pretty decent set up. The checkering on the wood stocks are almost enough to be uncomfortable, so you don't have to worry about it slipping out of your hands... definately laser cut.

I'm not wild about the looks, at all. It does handle very nicely. The recoil pad is an improvement.

The two glaring problems with the rifle, as I see it, are the rings/bases, and that abortion of a magazine. A co-worker of mine ordered a stainless stalker x-bolt in 300 WM... should be here in another week or two. He also placed an order with Leupold for a set of mounts for it, and they gave him dealer/wholesale pricing on them.... $60... which means they will probably go in stores for upwards of $80. Browning is putting their own out as well, don't know what they sell for. We stuck some on a .270 today and the one good thing is they are damn near grunt proof... ain't no way you will put the wrong mount in the front/back or long screws in the front and bind the action like so many folks do with 700s.

All in all, its a good rifle... but I still prefer my A-bolt.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

I held one at Bass Pro and was impressed. As for its looks, I really like the X-Bolt and think it looks great!

For the record, I still prefer Remington 700s.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:31 AM

Well, I, for one, believe that they took a great rifle ( the A-Bolt ) and screwed the pooch. I have handled the x-bolt, and it's looks are not " Browning ". It looks about as bad as any as I have seen on the market lately. It reminds me of the Tikka's and even Mossbergs. I don't think it is all that much better functionally, either. There was nothing inherently bad about the fit and function of the A-Bolt to begin with, but to want to change something classic, just to change it ...... is stupid. I was unimpressed with the x-bolt, and will be looking to fill my wants, with A-Bolts from gunbroker. I will not support the x-bolt. Mechanically no improvement.... astetically a piece ofcrap.

MET

Old 05-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

bigbulls, I hear ya! what was wrong with making a rifle look like a rifle? classic designs....

what do these new stock shapes do? anything? less recoil? call me old school but I like classic lines on a rifle.

Quick Reply: Browning X bolt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.