Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning Gold versus Browning Silver >

Browning Gold versus Browning Silver

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning Gold versus Browning Silver

Old 04-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default Browning Gold versus Browning Silver

What's the difference?

THANKS!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:49 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Browning Gold versus Browning Silver

I know I several golds, and I helped my brother take apart his silver, and it was a totally different beast teh way the slide and all came out. I am not a big fan of the silvers.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

The Golds and Silvers differ in a few ways but, share their gas systems. The Silver is a collection of parts from the Browning Gold FLD (Classic), Fusion and the Winchester SX2. It's pretty much a Winchester SX2 with a little different look.

The Gold has the speed load feature, shims, and most have a magazine cutoff switch. The Silver has an angled receiver (Gold FLD Classic), triangle shaped safety button (Gold's), and a mid height rib (Fusion). Because it has the Winchester SX2's bolt and carrier it does not have the speed load feature or magazine cutoff. The Silver can use the FLD (Classic) shims and like the SX2 and SX3 can be tricked into have a magazine cutoff. Pushing up on the carrier slightly while pulling back on the bolt will block the rounds in the magazine.

The Gold's, Silver's, and SX2/SX3's are well made and reliable. They are easy to clean and can go longer periods between cleanings. They are one of the better designs for cycling a wide range of loads including light ones.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys.

Which is best "bang for the buck", especially in reference to a camo duck blind and turkey gun?
Do they all use the Invector Plus Choke System?
Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 AM
bigcountry

the quick load feature is an important feature for me. I have shot down many a cripple duck on that quick load. I would definatley go with the gold for duck. Turkey, really doesn't matter so much. I prefer a nice pump that is lighter for turkey. I got a BPS camo for turkey.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:11 AM

If the Silver is pretty much an SX2 then it is one fine shotgun. I have had an SX2 for several years and Winchester got it right on that one.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Which is best "bang for the buck", especially in reference to a camo duck blind and turkey gun?
Do they all use the Invector Plus Choke System?
Depends on what features you want. They are all good values and they all use the Invector Plus tubes as they all have the same .742 overbored barrel diameter.