Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Sako A7 What is going on ? >

Sako A7 What is going on ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sako A7 What is going on ?

Old 04-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Sako A7 What is going on ?

Took a look at a new Sako A7 and I have some thoughts about it. Let me get to the chase and say that the only thing I like about it is the price.

Heres what you get for the price.

[ul][*]a 75 action with a Tikka bolt shroud[*]Magazine has the 85 magazine lockout feature[*]Magazine is plastic except for metal feed lips[*]Comes in 2 action lengths[*]Don't have to use Sako Rings or bases or any dovetail Sako configuration[*]Comes with a really Eurotrash stock that looks like same material as a T3.[/ul]

Obviously Sako doesn't think much of the Tikka polymer magazine since they deemed metal feed lips to be installed and the same goes for the magazine retention system. Magazine BTWreally looks cheap. I don't know what is going on at Beretta but it sure seems to me that they are making more changes to Sako rifles in the last 7 years then in the previous 40 years.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sako A7 What is going on ?

Guess they are just trying to jump into a lower price point group. Seems a real shame. I love my 75 so I guess I'll not have to worry over it.
Old 04-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven’t seen it up close but from what you described sound like a lower grade that I won’t be buying anytime soon. I’ll stick to the 75’s , thank you...
Old 04-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven’t seen it up close but from what you described sound like a lower grade that I won’t be buying anytime soon. I’ll stick to the 75’s , thank you...
Other then the newer 75 synthetics they have kept their stocks looking conservative for the most part, Other then the metal feed lips on the A7 on the plastic magazine and the 2 action lengths you can buy 2 Tikkas for the price of one of these. Of course the Tikka has a one size fits all action but if one were to stick to just long cartidges who would know the difference except for the feed lips.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a look again at the Sako A7 on the web site www.sakoa7.net and was wondering, did you noticed if the trigger guard is metal or plastic like the Tikka? ...
Old 04-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=96710744

I had a look again at the Sako A7 on the web site www.sakoa7.net and was wondering, did you noticed if the trigger guard is metal or plastic like the Tikka? ...

It is plastic
Old 04-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

NICE! Where can I get one???

Looks to me like Sako is trying to get into a whole different clientel with this gun.

Oldelk - I picked myself up my first WSM tonite. Got a Model 70 Coyote Lite in 270WSM.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oldelk - I picked myself up my first WSM tonite. Got a Model 70 Coyote Lite in 270WSM.

That is one of my favorites ..I just have to get an action have it rebarrelled to that and bed it in a nice stock and keep it. The only 270 WSM I had was in a VAnguard with a SS barrel and a Timney Trigger. It was a whitetail deer hammer . I try to live with that Weatherby stock design but I sure wish they would go to a classic stock.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I was wanting to make a light weight mountain gun outta this (it is used). But I don't think there is anyway it has shot over 2 boxes of bullets, still looks brand new, inside and out. I haven't decided if I like that stock that they come with. More than likely I will be going with a sporter stock on it from HS Precision.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah I was wanting to make a light weight mountain gun outta this (it is used). But I don't think there is anyway it has shot over 2 boxes of bullets, still looks brand new, inside and out. I haven't decided if I like that stock that they come with. More than likely I will be going with a sporter stock on it from HS Precision.
It's a CRPF with a ventilated B&C stock right?

Quick Reply: Sako A7 What is going on ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.