Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 sako Synthetic Stainless vs browing A bold stalker >

sako Synthetic Stainless vs browing A bold stalker

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

sako Synthetic Stainless vs browing A bold stalker

Old 02-24-2008, 05:58 PM

Default sako Synthetic Stainless vs browing A bold stalker

I was thinking of getting a browing A-bolt stalker. but recently started looking at the sako synthetic stainless. because i read some good things about them.I was wondering witch one is better. the sako cost about $600 more. is the sako that much better. or not. and if so why? or why not? [>:]

Old 02-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: sako Synthetic Stainless vs browing A bold stalker

I much prefer the sako due to the magazine system and trigger.Another option might be the new sako A7.It is well made and offers the same 5 shot MOA accuracy guarantee as the sako 85,at a lower price.
http://www.sakoa7.net/
Old 02-24-2008, 06:23 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: jay77

I was thinking of getting a browing A-bolt stalker. but recently started looking at the sako synthetic stainless. because i read some good things about them.I was wondering witch one is better. the sako cost about $600 more. is the sako that much better. or not. and if so why? or why not? [>:]
Is it worth 600 more? Well, thats up to you. I have both, and definately prefer the Sako over the A-bolt. But I have an A-bolt that shoots awesome.

The sako has the features I want. Like the nice spring loaded extractor, bolt can be disassembled in the field, three bolt lug, very smooth construction, smooth barrel that shoots well Cold POI, nice stainless but very matte finish, intregrated base connects, great trigger, nice detachable mag. I just wish they would actually glass bed the rifles, or pillar bed. But other than that, it has everything I want.

The A-Bolt has also 3 bolt lug, not as smooth bolt action, pretty good trigger, I do not like the tang safety, never crazy over, the mag, but most I have had are an awesom gun. You can't disasseble the bolt very easily if at all however.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's little difference in MAJOR design features between the 2. If you want to be able to use it out of box,I would suggest sako,otherwise just have a good smith slick up a a-bolt for you. I lean toward a-bolts cause I know them,have used their actions when building custom rifles,and can really slick them up. I realize I'll probably be the only pro browning vote.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have both of them...the Browning is a great shooter as is the SAko. The quality in workmanship,features and materials easily go to the Sako, smoother barrel , smoother action , easier to use magazine system, It's not even close.. They both have 3 lug bolts and that is about where the similiarities end. Both are great guns for their relative price points. My Browning Abolt cost 600 dollars a Sako 75 hunter is in the 8-900 range. The SS Abolt stalker is in the mid 8's anywhere I look and the Sako SS 75 is in the 8-95o range. Of course the Abolt is phased out and the Sako 75 is as well. No one knows the retail on the new X bolt vs the 85 on an apple to apple basis.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

OldElkHunter:

I don't remember if I have ever loaded for a Sako M 75.Most of all the Browning A-Bolts have short magazines not allowing for space to reach the rifling. Does the Sako M75 have the same trait?

Jay77:

I would go with the Sako M75 if it has a generious magazine.

Good luck.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:43 PM
bigcountry

Handloader, it depends on the caliber. For my STW, it is supposed to have a deep throat. I have to jump .2" before I hit the rifling. But from what I seen, a 300win mag for instance, (which I am on the hunt for) in a sako 75SS, you can reach it.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The brownings have spacers inside magizines. It's easy to use a different magizine or modify your existing mag.
When I converted my 7mm rem mag to 7mm stw,all I had to do was rechamber and switch to .375 h&h magizines.
Old 02-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of all the Browning A-Bolts have short magazines not allowing for space to reach the rifling. Does the Sako M75 have the same trait?
After checking my short action Sako 75’s being the 270 WSM, 7MM-08 & 300 WSM , I found that the magazines are all long enough for the spire point bullets to reach the riflings...
Old 02-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't remember if I have ever loaded for a Sako M 75.Most of all the Browning A-Bolts have short magazines not allowing for space to reach the rifling. Does the Sako M75 have the same trait?
The inside measurement of my magazine 300 wsm Sako 75 SM action is 2.955 SAAMI IS 2.850 oal for that cartridge. If ever an action was designed for a 300 wsm this is it, feeds cartridges like they were greased and top loading thru is easy and troublefree. I am very pleased with this gun.

Quick Reply: sako Synthetic Stainless vs browing A bold stalker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.