Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 sako Synthetic Stainless vs browing A bold stalker >

sako Synthetic Stainless vs browing A bold stalker

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

sako Synthetic Stainless vs browing A bold stalker

Old 02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: sako Synthetic Stainless vs browing A bold stalker

feeds cartridges like they were greased and top loading thru is easy and troublefree.
No argument from me...
Old 02-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Handloader, it depends on the caliber. For my STW, it is supposed to have a deep throat. I have to jump .2" before I hit the rifling.
I have no idea why a person would want so much freebore.My own 7mmstws have throats that allow me to seat bullets .050" to .070" from the lands,and I wouldn't mind seating some bullets even closer.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

I have no idea why a person would want so much freebore.My own 7mmstws have throats that allow me to seat bullets .050" to .070" from the lands,and I wouldn't mind seating some bullets even closer.
Aren’t your rifles custom... ?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:03 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

Handloader, it depends on the caliber. For my STW, it is supposed to have a deep throat. I have to jump .2" before I hit the rifling.
Nobody said I wanted, I don't think at least. Its the the specs of the caliber. Like the 300RUM. I would want to get closer myself, but anyone that knows anything about factory STW's knows they have freebore. Don't believe me, call Clymer or some other reamer company. I have even read old article from Layne talking about the increased velocity from freebore. The weatherby concept isn't a new one.

I don't mean to be a smartelic and appoligize if this came off rude, but I assumed you kindaknew this.

I have known people to request a 300weatherby with no freebore, and they couldn't shoot factory ammo.