Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 If you had to pick one of these bolt rimfires >

If you had to pick one of these bolt rimfires

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.
View Poll Results: A poll
Sako Quad
16.13%
CZ 452/453
29.03%
Remington 504
0%
Savage
9.68%
Browning Tbolt
3.23%
Savage Rimfire
6.45%
Marlin Rimfire
6.45%
Ruger 77/22
6.45%
Anschutz
19.35%
Weatherby
3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

If you had to pick one of these bolt rimfires

Old 02-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you had to pick one of these bolt rimfires

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Weatherby's is made by Anschutz.... and they get my vote... especially because I won one! I'll sell my opinion for a free rifle!

Your vote doesn't count your not playing fair

Honestly you are right old... I haven't gotten to shoot the thing yet. Spoke with Jen at Weatherby a few days ago... said turnaround time should be between 7 and 14 days... so I should have it by 1 march.

Hard part is putting a scope on it.... gotta find a well made glass in fixed 4x with a GLOSS finish (might as well match). Found a VX-II I beleive in 2-7x32 I'm considering. Also the FX-II in 4x32... think thats the way I'll go!
Old 02-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well heck, if we can name other rifles I'll take myWinchester 52B over any of these rifles. That's when America made real .22 rifles. Not the junk like today.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have one of those old Winchesters too. It belonged to my wife's dad. My LH Remington really shoots well.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Simp

Well heck, if we can name other rifles I'll take my Winchester 52B over any of these rifles. That's when America made real .22 rifles. Not the junk like today.

OH NO DON"T BRING THOSE UP!

One of the few non-buyer regrets I've ever had. Let one slip past me two years ago. Wanted $550 for it... didn't think it was worth that... but the gun was as cherry as they come. Original owner worked in the shop with me... hadn't put 1000 rounds through it and he bought it NEW (he was on in years). Man I wish I'd just bought that damn thing!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL Being the cheapskate that I am and the fact that it shoots so well Im sticking with my Savage..lmao. Yep Im the moron who voted for the Savage
Old 02-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

OH NO DON"T BRING THOSE UP!

One of the few non-buyer regrets I've ever had. Let one slip past me two years ago. Wanted $550 for it... didn't think it was worth that... but the gun was as cherry as they come. Original owner worked in the shop with me... hadn't put 1000 rounds through it and he bought it NEW (he was on in years). Man I wish I'd just bought that damn thing!
Ohhh. $550 for any old Winchester is as about as good as it gets. They don't turn up every day that's for sure. I got mine from a man that had it in a shop on consignment. They wanted $800 for it and it had the original front globe and rear peep sights with it and I jumped on it as fast as I could. It shoots like a demon as well. Now if I could talk my BIL out of his Rem. Model 37 I'll be set!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

I love my CZ452 american,9.5oz trigger,it will outshot my 541T.and cost a lot less.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Spike

I have some nice .22 mags, custom and factory but my all time most accurate gun is my savage 93fvss. The firstgroup after mounting the scope and sighting it in was 1/4" at 50 yards. At 100 yards it groups under 5/8-3/4". I shoot the remington v-max bullets and have 3-9 Nikon on it. I spent $225 dollars on it and it will out shoot my custom $1500 rig. For the price you can't go wrong and now they offer the accutrigger on them. Awesome coyote gun!!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:46 PM

I would and have picked the Ruger 77/22. Rugers just fit me perfect and Iprefer a magazine that fits flush to the bottom of the gun. I own mostly Ruger CF rifles and find it is the perfect full size .22 to practice with. It's plenty accurate for me.

KEJ
Old 02-17-2008, 12:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Drew307

I have some nice .22 mags, custom and factory but my all time most accurate gun is my savage 93fvss. The firstgroup after mounting the scope and sighting it in was 1/4" at 50 yards. At 100 yards it groups under 5/8-3/4". I shoot the remington v-max bullets and have 3-9 Nikon on it. I spent $225 dollars on it and it will out shoot my custom $1500 rig. For the price you can't go wrong and now they offer the accutrigger on them. Awesome coyote gun!!!!
Thats why I listed Savage as my fav as well. Im almost certain it would shoot the entire box of ammo into a group less than an inch at 100.

Quick Reply: If you had to pick one of these bolt rimfires

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.