Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 If you had to pick one of these bolt rimfires >

If you had to pick one of these bolt rimfires

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.
View Poll Results: A poll
Sako Quad
16.13%
CZ 452/453
29.03%
Remington 504
0%
Savage
9.68%
Browning Tbolt
3.23%
Savage Rimfire
6.45%
Marlin Rimfire
6.45%
Ruger 77/22
6.45%
Anschutz
19.35%
Weatherby
3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

If you had to pick one of these bolt rimfires

Old 02-14-2008, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you had to pick one of these bolt rimfires

Weatherby's is made by Anschutz.... and they get my vote... especially because I won one! I'll sell my opinion for a free rifle!
Old 02-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is this vote supposed to be based on best value or best gun regardless of price?
Old 02-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is this vote supposed to be based on best value or best gun regardless of price?

Best gun irregardless of price and I think few would disagree would be the Anschutz . I am polling based on Design and Retail Price
Old 02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have several 22 rifles. My go to hands down dead accurate 22 bolt action is a Kimber of Oregon model 82. If you shop you can find a good used one for around $700. Thatis a lot of money, but you are truly owning the Cadillac.The Anschutz is in the same class.

I have not shot or handled the Sako. I did not like the stocks on their older rimfires.

I did buy a LH CZ, and for the money it was a fine rifle. The LH was not available with the set trigger. IMO the set trigger in the RH rifle would be a good choice for an inexpensive rifle.

If you could find an older Remington 541 or even a 581, then you would have a fine rifle. Those are the only ones I would consider on your list.

Find a Kimber of Oregon 82, and spend the extra money. They are truly a piece of art, and second to none in accuracy. Tom.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Find a Kimber of Oregon 82, and spend the extra money. They are truly a piece of art, and second to none in accuracy. Tom.
Actually a local gunshop has one for 850 and the stock looks incredible with just beautiful grain and figureand it appears to be extremely well made...I didn't know what kind of track record these rifles had. He has had it on the rack for over a year.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would pick the Ruger but I must admit that I have almost no expierience with any of the others. I have a 10/22, a couple Little Favorites and an old Remington clip fed LH bolt action 22 that I have had for 30 years. BTW I just had a local Smith find me a new stock for the Remington. The guy who had it before me cut part of the forend off and insalled a bolt to hold onto with a hook hand. I have not seen it since he got it back.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got to go with the Anschutz.Have not handled the Quad.All of the Annies I have ever shot were dead nutz.But I do have a Remmie 540X that ain't bad.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: James B

I would pick the Ruger but I must admit that I have almost no expierience with any of the others. I have a 10/22, a couple Little Favorites and an old Remington clip fed LH bolt action 22 that I have had for 30 years. BTW I just had a local Smith find me a new stock for the Remington. The guy who had it before me cut part of the forend off and insalled a bolt to hold onto with a hook hand. I have not seen it since he got it back.

Ruger 10/22s are great guns. They are like Honda Civics... if you don't like something on it.. there is a part to replace and totally customize it avavilable cheap. They shoot fairly well too.. espeically once you replace the factory barrel.

I have had, for MANY years a Ruger 77/22. It never really shot all that great.... with its prefered target ammo you could get 5 shots under a silver dollar at 50 yards. Good enough to kill a squirrel, but man .22s are supposed to be deadly. I put a Volquartsen barrel on, channeled out the stock to float the barrel, bedded the action and had it parkerized to match the look of the barrel better.... it will shoot a whole box of 50 rounds of just about anything through a single hole not much larger than a pencil eraser at 50 yards now. I swear... just something about the barrels on Rugers it seems....
Old 02-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter
Actually a local gunshop has one for 850 and the stock looks incredible with just beautiful grain and figureand it appears to be extremely well made...I didn't know what kind of track record these rifles had. He has had it on the rack for over a year.
If those are the ones the CMP had, they're good guns, but good luck finding parts for it should you need them.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Weatherby's is made by Anschutz.... and they get my vote... especially because I won one! I'll sell my opinion for a free rifle!

Your vote doesn't count your not playing fair

Quick Reply: If you had to pick one of these bolt rimfires

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.