Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Another "budget" item from Remington... >

Another "budget" item from Remington...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Another "budget" item from Remington...

Old 02-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another "budget" item from Remington...

For that kind of scratch I'd much rather have a smith build me a Mauser in my choice of calibers....
Old 02-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm waiting for oldelk to say, "there is nothing straight about a remington, or the guys that shoot them."
I have to be careful I live in the middle of "remington " country
Old 02-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

LMFAO Wait till Oldelk gets ahold of that one That things as crooked as a dog's hind leg...for only 1400 I guess you can get the gun with a straight engraving...

What did you guys expect for that kind of money eveything went into the action,barrel and stock. It's just a bad photo
Old 02-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will predict they will be under in 10 years if they keep pulling **** like that!! LOL The American public is pretty gullible...but.... lol
Old 02-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

When they were bought out they sold for roughly 375 million of which 125 or so was for the company the rest was debt. That is pretty sorry. They have a lot of competition these days and they have the same design they had from the 50's and 60's
Old 02-13-2008, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I quit being a remington fan when they made the ADLs and now the SPSs a cheap "painted" on finish instead of blueing. I had one for a few weeks, it rusted every nite I left it in my pickup over night. It was soo pitted and ugly in those few weeks I sold it to a budy for a big loss. He re-barreled it and had it dura-coated, now its nice.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Typical Buck

Rammer, if you look real close you can actually see the blued SPS's rust in the box. The finish on them and the stainless model is just HORRIBLE. I cant see how a well respected, errrrrrrrrrrrr maybe I should re-phrase that.... a "used to be "well respected firearms company would allow that to go out the doors. Looks as if a jr high shop class has been blasting them with rocks. Seems if you want a little finer finish on a Remington 700 these days you're going to have to spend $750-$1000.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter
They have a lot of competition these days and they have the same design they had from the 50's and 60's
Thats because its the last time they designed anything that worked.

They sure do sell those imports from Russia though! You want to start a fight go on over to shotgunworld and post anything about a Baikal... get you some popcorn and watch the fur fly... man they get rilled up over that junk!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

They sure do sell those imports from Russia though! You want to start a fight go on over to shotgunworld and post anything about a Baikal... get you some popcorn and watch the fur fly... man they get rilled up over that junk!

I made a comment about one at Gander Mountain and I thought the guy standing next to me was going to start a fight. Those things are pur unadulterated junk...they make the early low end Spanish sxs shotguns look like a Purdy.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

guess you didn’t see the price on the new Alaskan TI... A real eye opener...

It's only 1900 at my local Ganders mountain...I am sure it is well worth the price.
All Ganders mountain stuff is overpriced. Even powder & bullets. I don't know how they stay in business. Must be a lot of suckers out there.... just like P.T.Barnum said-one born every minute. Except now, it's probably two per minute, or even three.....

Quick Reply: Another "budget" item from Remington...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.