Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Leupold Boone and Crocket scope >

Leupold Boone and Crocket scope

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Leupold Boone and Crocket scope

Old 12-06-2007, 06:56 AM

Default Leupold Boone and Crocket scope

Is the Boone and Crocket reticle worth the extra money? for hunting most of my shots are 200 yards and under but there is a possiblity of 300-400 about 25% of the time. worth it in my situation? thanks
Old 12-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Leupold Boone and Crocket scope

It's a very nice reticle and in conjunction with a rangefinder should help on long shots. The lines itself are very clean and don't get in the way like other reticle designs do. The reticle is also etched glass and not a wire
Old 12-07-2007, 07:25 AM

Any more opinions?
Old 12-07-2007, 08:00 AM

Go for it if you have trouble with holdover shots for long range.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the distances you're talking about it won't makemuch difference. If you want to get 300 yards and beyond it would help with some serious practice. You'll have to know how the lines on the BC sightand POI of your bullet interact.

Tom
Old 12-07-2007, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I prefer a Heavy Duplex for those low light conditions...I kill more this side of 200 than the other side...For longer shots, I'd invest in a range finder...I have my gun setup 2 1/2 high at 100 and its dead on at 250 and 3 inches low at 300...
A rangefinder takes the guess work out...
Old 12-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one scope with the B&C Reticle, and one with the VH reticle. I also have two scopes with the Burris Ballistic Plex, and one Nikon BDC.

The BDC IMO is worthless. The BP on the Burris scopes are good . The B&C, and VH reticle is the best of the three. I really like mine. You have to practice with the reticle to really get use to it. Most wind in my area averages 5 to 10 mph. The windage marks on the reticle are very helpful, again, if you practice with it. The reticle is not a fix all, you definitely need to practice with it to master it.

The reticle makes it very easy to shoot out to 400 or even 500 yards, if you practice with it, and understand all the markings. IMO it is worth it. I have one on my AR15 Rock River Varminter. Shooting ground hog's out to 425 yards is a breeze with the reticle. I limit my shots to 425 yards with the 223 Remington. I probably should drop that distance back to 300 yards, but with my rig the 400 yard shots are just too easy. Tom.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

The BDC IMO is worthless. The BP on the Burris scopes are good . The B&C, and VH reticle is the best of the three. I really like mine. You have to practice with the reticle to really get use to it. Most wind in my area averages 5 to 10 mph. The windage marks on the reticle are very helpful, again, if you practice with it. The reticle is not a fix all, you definitely need to practice with it to master it.
Thats my feeling as well. I like the B&C a lot more then the other types I have looked at. I even like it better then the Kahles/Swaro TDS. I also don't even notice the marks when shooting at close range. I have not looked thru the Zeiss Zplex since they are relatively new but would definitely consider one of them if they look as clean as the B&C
Old 12-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I have one scope with the B&C Reticle, and one with the VH reticle. I also have two scopes with the Burris Ballistic Plex, and one Nikon BDC.

The reticle makes it very easy to shoot out to 400 or even 500 yards, if you practice with it, and understand all the markings. IMO it is worth it. I have one on my AR15 Rock River Varminter. Shooting ground hog's out to 425 yards is a breeze with the reticle. I limit my shots to 425 yards with the 223 Remington. I probably should drop that distance back to 300 yards, but with my rig the 400 yard shots are just too easy. Tom.
Head,
I just returned a BDC 4.5-14x40 unused. I just didn't think I'd be happy with the 40 mm objective.
I have decided to go with the Burris signature 4-16x44 blpxinstead.

Is that a bad scope? or should I pay the other $200+ for the Leupold?
Old 12-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you are thinking about using the reticle to estimate yardage,a good laser rangefinder is much more accurate.

Quick Reply: Leupold Boone and Crocket scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.