Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger V. Remington >

Ruger V. Remington

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger V. Remington

Old 11-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ruger V. Remington

So, as some of you may know I have been looking for a new hunting rifle. I finally decided, (I think) on .270. However, the Remington .270 is $160 or so more than the Ruger. I couldn't find anyone to tell me why. Could it be just the remington name? What gives? And is it worth the extra $160?
Old 11-23-2007, 03:14 PM

Default RE: Ruger V. Remington

Depends on which model Rem and which modelRuger and personal preferance.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:17 PM

i would go with ruger, they make good rifled, but so does rem.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:46 PM

Either are good rifles. I think the Ruger makes a slightly better rifle though. Also have you thought about Tikka? I just got a T3 Stainless Lite for $608.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Retaks

Either are good rifles. I think the Ruger makes a slightly better rifle though.
Based on what?

Personally I think that Remington's rifles blow Ruger's totally out of the water. The fit, finish, and accuracy are far and away better on Rems. If you get a good shooting Ruger, you probably got the 1 in 10 gun. About one in ten will be a real nailer. One in ten will also be a total dog. The other 8 will all shoot sub 2" groups. Just my experience, and I've only been selling, fixing and dealing professionally in guns for 7 years now. Been shooting a lot longer.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I find the action on the Ruger to be pretty sloppy compared to the Remington. Rugers are less in price and do come with a set or rings being a plus but I find Remington rifles a little better in quality. As for accuracy I can’t comment on my Ruger because I haven’t shot it yet , however my brother has never complained about his Ruger...
Old 11-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Spike

I've own 3 Rugers M-77 mk II,300 win mag , 30-06 , and the most recent addition a .270. All of myrifles are stock out the box and all good shooters, they are not match rifles . Ruger actions are control feed vs push feed on the Rems and I tend to favor Rem triggers , but thats just personel preference.

I also have several Rems with my newest being a CDL in 30-06 that I bought a few months ago they too are good shooters .
Overall you wont go wrong with either .

Decisions decissions .....

Old 11-24-2007, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

well i think both shoot bothand see if you can andit might be more because it could be a newer model or it has more acceserys or just because it says rem. on it 90 of allguns your going to pay 30% for that name i had a marlin 3030 done just as good as the win but the win. said win on it so it was like 100 bucks more
Old 11-24-2007, 09:48 AM
c j
Typical Buck

I'dgo Ruger. Sturdy and dependable. Built tough. There's a reason the Mauser-style action has been *the* action for the last 100+ years.

Rugershave a reputation as having bad triggers, but the 'bad' ones aren't all THAT bad and the newer ones have been decent, even good. Either way, it's a cheap ($50 +/-) easy fix, so it's hardle even a knock against them anyway.

Fit and finish? Look for yourself. I find it laughable that anyone would say Rugers take a backseat in this area to a company that produces the 710.

Accuracy? I've had zero problems. None. Either the accuracy 'issues' that others have alluded to areexaggerated or I've been *really* lucky and just happen to get 'shooters' when I get a Ruger.

And yes, I realize it's just a rimfire, but when I shoot a Remington 597, I don't exactly get a warm fuzzy feeling that instills confidence in me that I'm dealing with a company who really cares about quality from top to bottom.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Neither.

If you want a controlled feed rifle, buy a CZ.
If you want a push feed, get a Tikka.

Quick Reply: Ruger V. Remington

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.