Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
M77 MKII trigger job >

M77 MKII trigger job

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

M77 MKII trigger job

Old 01-22-2003, 07:45 PM

Default M77 MKII trigger job

I just finished it and I have to say it turned out well. I reduced the pull weight (2.5lbs)and took out just about all of the creep. I did not mess with the overtravel, not that big of a deal to me. It took me less than 30 min. And it cost me zero $. Anyone else done one?

Edited by - down wind on 01/22/2003 20:46:58
Old 01-22-2003, 08:50 PM

Default RE: M77 MKII trigger job

OK, you got me interested. What did you do? I just bought an M77 MKII in .257 Roberts and have not shot it yet but the trigger pull is real heavy. I was thinking about getting the Timney trigger group for it, but if I can reduce the trigger pull to 3-4lbs with no creap I will be a very happy shooter. Did I miss a thread on some board that explained what to do?

Mark
Old 01-22-2003, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a couple done and watched a friend do the work ,but never tried it myself . He doesn't charge me ,but to be honest the factory trigger doesn't bother me that much anyway .It is a good feeling to do your own work on your guns though ,congrats
Old 01-23-2003, 12:02 PM

Mark this is the site I used. http://www.centerfirecentral.com/ The tools required are small hammer, measuring caliper, puch, VERY fine file, and very fine sandpaper or emory cloth. I am use to working with my hands so I felt sure I could do it with no problems. I hope this helps and good luck Mark. Oh by the way when working the sear don't take off to much at one time. Work it, reinstall it,and check the creap. And the same with the trigger don't take off to much or you may end up with a hair trigger.

***<font face='Trebuchet MS'></font id='Trebuchet MS'><font face='Script MT Bold'></font id='Script MT Bold'><font face='Stencil'></font id='Stencil'>

Edited by - down wind on 01/23/2003 13:05:42
Old 01-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I just finished it and I have to say it turned out well. I reduced the pull weight (2.5lbs)and took out just about all of the creep. I did not mess with the overtravel, not that big of a deal to me. It took me less than 30 min. And it cost me zero $. Anyone else done one?

Edited by - down wind on 01/22/2003 20:46:58
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/memb...ght&encore.jpg
Old 01-23-2003, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

You can get your local gun shop to order a set of springs
for the ruger triger,sometimes these work to get the lbs down to
respectable pull weight and some times not.If I had no experience
with working on a triger I would get a gun smith to do it.Some of
the gun manufactors will not sell your triger parts unless you are a gunsmith,one pass to many with a file and you won't have a triger at all,then
you have to end up taking it to a gun smith after all.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/memb...ght&encore.jpg