Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Marlin Question >

Marlin Question

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Marlin Question

Old 11-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Spike

Default Marlin Question

What is the difference between the marlin 30-30 model C,A andW ? Is it just the wood used for the stock ?
Old 11-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Marlin Question

If u mean the model 336 C,W,or A in 30-30. The catolog I have for 2007 states the

336 C has a black walnut stock with fluted comb / rubber rifle butt pad / comes in 30-30 or 35 rem.

336 W has a walnut stock / hard rubber butt plate / and comes with a nylon sling and optional 3-9 scope mounted

336 A same fetures as the "W" without the sling. the W and A only come in 30-30.

Hope this helps all of the wording is according to Marlins catolog and different manufactures will describe features differently. And these are the features that set them apart all come in 20" barrels 6 shot magazines etc......
Old 11-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are almost right. The W means it is destined to be shipped to wal-mart. It replaced the AW and is stocked in hardwood and NOT walnut.

ORIGINAL: savagescout

If u mean the model 336 C,W,or A in 30-30. The catolog I have for 2007 states the

336 C has a black walnut stock with fluted comb / rubber rifle butt pad / comes in 30-30 or 35 rem.

336 W has a walnut stock / hard rubber butt plate / and comes with a nylon sling and optional 3-9 scope mounted

336 A same fetures as the "W" without the sling. the W and A only come in 30-30.

Hope this helps all of the wording is according to Marlins catolog and different manufactures will describe features differently. And these are the features that set them apart all come in 20" barrels 6 shot magazines etc......
Old 11-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Spike

Yes, I should have put 336. Thanks for the info. Wal-mart has the 336 W and Academy Outdoors has the 336 A. I could not see anything different about them. Just wanted tomake surethe actions were the same.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:48 AM
FA
Fork Horn

Your all joking, right. The "W" and the "A" on a 336 is model designations not who Marlin is selling it too. The "A" is the economy model while the "W" is walunt stock with a pistol grip stock. All Marlins are created equal, except for the wood.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

No,we ain't joking. The letter designates exactly how stock is features and who will be retailer.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:49 AM
FA
Fork Horn

I don't want to start anything, but thats not true. Marlin has had the letter W designation since about 1951. I don't think there were any Walmarts around then. This is a model designation only. Like the 1894CB is a cowboy model with an octagon barrel with walnut stock. Marlin doesn't make spacific models for any certain retailers.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I readily admit that I might be wrong about exact certain letters but the marlin AW IS wal-mart specific model exactly like certain 10-22s are wal-mart specific models. look at a aw and you will see-I have also checkedwholesalers to confirm this. This was a few years ago but the ruger 10-22s are still being madein wal-mart model specific. Look at the 10-22 with green laminated stocks.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:26 AM
FA
Fork Horn

I guess I could be wrong too, but I have a friend who works for Marlin and according to him, they don't make spacific guns for any retailer. I think the AW is for the economy model of the 336 in 30-30 with birch stock with forend cap. The 336 W is the economy model with barrel ring intead of forend cap.I know some people think the 1895G was made for Gander Mtn., but it stand for guide gun. Butin any case,Marlin makes a fine rifle no matter who sells it. I own a ton of them and practically use levers exclusivley to hunt from bear to yotes.
Have a good day.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:05 AM

Hay guys I just ran into a Marlin30aw in very good condition with swivels and a Simmens scope. It appears to have been shot maybe 10 times, on the high end. The guy wanted 324 out the door. Is this a good deal or keep shopping.

Texas

Quick Reply: Marlin Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.