Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Win. Mod.50 disassembly >

Win. Mod.50 disassembly

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Win. Mod.50 disassembly

Old 08-10-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Win. Mod.50 disassembly

Does anyone know how to disassemble a Winchester Model 50 semi-auto shotgun? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Win. Mod.50 disassembly

what do you mean by disassembly it?? any specific part??

all i normally do is take the barrel off by unscrewing the bolt in the top of the forend. barrel will slide out. i dont normally mess with the action..get a toothbrush in there with some solvent and scrub it a bit and then whipe it clean. works for me...ive found mine needs cleaned after a couple hundred rounds...it doesnt feed well after that. found that out in a dove field...i was hunting for a couple days straight and never got around to cleaning it.

man i love that shotgun. just one of them guns...i pull the trigger and gotta go retrieve my game.

maybe someone got REAL directions for us...id like to give er a thorough cleaning before fall...i really never mess with shotgun actions period...i just dont know the trick to them...surprisingly...anything else i can take apart blindfolded down to pins and pieces of parts..
Old 08-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can get instrucion manual for the model 50 from this company for about $7.50 http://www.rediscovered-shooting-treasures.com/winchester50.htm
Old 08-12-2007, 07:25 AM

Thanks, Mauser, I did mean take down the action. I don't know if it was the military or what, but when I go to clean one up I need to get the bolt out at the very least, and preferably the trigger group, too. This one looks like it hasn't been cleaned since Patton was a private.

Thanks to you, too, Halcon. I saw several owners manuals for sale, but I'm not sure if I'm keeping this gun or selling it. I shouldn't be so cheap, I suppose, since I only have $40 in it. Got it at a garage sale. It's in rough shape, no rust or anything like that, but most of the bluing is gone.

Thanks again.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

beebecl....im pretty much the same..dad brought me up that way...cept i still dont strip my shotguns..one day i will...i know my triggers and actions gotta be grimmy to say the least lol...

my mod 50 is the same way...blueing pretty wore off. dont know if its from grandads heavy use or if they just wore alot. 40$ is a steal....i think they sell for 250+ most of the times...

i love mine...i dont know if it fits me good or what it is...but it does its job for me...and makes me look like some kinda pro. me and some buddies will grouse hunt in the winter at their camp and they are always saying they are gunna make me restock the ones i kill because i limit out before we are out of sight of the camp lol.