Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Springfield Armory XD >

Springfield Armory XD

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Springfield Armory XD

Old 07-04-2007, 01:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Springfield Armory XD

I was wondering if any of you guys had any experiance with these pistols, and what you thought of them, my dad might consider getting one, but he'd like your input.

Is the XD chambered in .45 ACP? I saw it's chambered in .357 SIG, .40 S&W, and 9mm Luger, but I was wondering about .45 ACP.

Josiah
Old 07-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Springfield Armory XD

They are chambered in 45ACP. They are also one helluva gun. They shoot very well, and are 100% reliable. When I first got mine I was shooting some indoor league with it. Here it a group I fired at the 25 yard line shooting freehand.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

i dont havetoo much experience with pistols, but my neighbor is a handgun junkie. i was talking to him a couple of months ago and he was rambling on about his springfield armory .40 XD. apparently way cheaper than the glock with the performance to compare. and it also has a safety system like ive never seen.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:59 AM

I'm a Glock fan myself, but if I was going to buy an auto other than Glock, it would be the XD.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good gun.

If he wants a 45, you'll be hard pressed to finda high capacity onewith a smaller grip than the XD. Check out the compact 45 too. It has a shorter grip for concealment, but also comes with a grip extender to make use of the full size mags.

If he is considering buying a used XD, make sure to tell him to get one of the newer ones that have the melonite finish. Earlier models had a different finish and had problems with surface rust. I'm sure Springfield can check it out for you if you get them aserial number.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

The XD45 is an excellent weapon. I have had mine for a little over a year with about 1500 rounds through it and zero malfunctions. Excellent weapon.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tried out the Glock 17 and the XD9. The XD9 was very nice, it fit my hand well, and had good balance. I ended up getting the Glock 17, mainly because I knew they were good. The XD9 was pretty new at the time. But, from what I have heard since then they are just as good as a Glock, just a little cheaper.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad likes the .40 S&W, since he has experiance with it, but is the .45 ACP any better? He just thinks of it as "fatter, slower".

Which would be better? .45 ACP? or .40 S&W?

Ammo availability wouldn't be a problem for either, since they're both popular cartridges.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

.45 has a lot more energy/knockdown power. But, both would get the job done when it comes to personal protection/law enforcement.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:40 PM

I owned a Springfield XD40 which i traded on a new model Ruger Vaquero. I just don't care for autos. But if I had to carry an auto the XD would be the gun, officially the service model XD-40. It was light, very very durable, decent mag capacity, fit my hand better, the safety system to me is brilliant and I never had a hickup from that gun after hundreds and hundreds of rounds of cheapo plinking ammo.For the time I carried it, I had all the confidence in the world should my life ever be on the line while carrying my XD. I actually converted a few Glock boys with my XD.

Quick Reply: Springfield Armory XD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.